Goals for myself, and a plan. Let's discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
And I think Astro14 will agree that older Volvo's are not for those who are not mechanical . Great cars but you have to know how to fix multiple issues .

An 93 Blazer is as bad or worse.

I think the best thing the OP could do to move ahead, is sell all the cars he has and use the money to get a later model Toyota Corolla. Yea, you won't be chasing much skirt in that car, but it will get you where you need to go in the most cost effective manner.

Money in the bank dude. It's all about money in the bank.

Is it just me, or should a moderator just set up your very own sub-forum so we can all somehow follow the random mish-mash of thoughts that fall out of your head?

A face-to-face conversation with you must either be a riot or a very painful experience.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: joaks
Sorry I haven't been following your threads lately but what will you be getting SSI for?

I have a combination of Frontal Lobe Syndrome, High Functioning Aspergers, Manic/Bipolar, ADD/ADHD, OCD, ODD, Paranoia, Anxiety (*treated many times,) am on meds for, plus Paranoid Personality Disorder, possible Rage disorder (when it gets bad).. amongst other things.. That may/should affect my focus at work. I can tell you that it is HARD for me to work even a normal 7-hour shift, which I now have.

It gets complicated that I AM working while applying, yes. But I am making below the Substantial Gainful Employment levels.

If the lawyer drops the case, I dont care. it's all about earning the money...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: cmorr
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Then, when really successful: Keep flipping the 3rd, and/or Volvo.

To make a profit you will need to sell the cars for more then your initial purchase price plus all repair cost (parts and labor)

You need to reassess your diagnostic and mechanical skills, as well as your ability to identify true candidate cars.

This.

Be realistic. You've been caught in a torrent of wasted money on cars that you don't know how to fix, mechanics of questionable ability, and poor decisions on continued purchases....you've blown a greater % of your income on cars than anyone should. Your approach is frantic, everything is a crisis, but it is a crisis of your own making. You've bought lousy cars, and then thrown money at them until they die from a combination of abuse and ineptitude.

Stop chasing cars and focus on the basics: keeping your job, paying your bills, saving for the future. Stop spending even one extra penny on this latest piece of junk. Just drive it and fix as needed, stop trying to make it better.

The best car for you would be a simple 4 cylinder sedan, a few years old, (e.g. 2008 Corolla) purchased for cash (or at least partially for cash) a year from now. The maintenance cost on that would be so much less than you've been wasting on the heaps that you've bought that you could finally get ahead and begin a savings plan to improve your situation.

Real success for you will come when you have a nice place to live, reliable transportation, and enough savings to have the FREEDOM to make choices like: new cellphone, new car, vacation.

You have no freedom. You're trapped in a world of your own creation.

I believe that you and cmorr are right!

Originally Posted By: yucca
Is a commute via bike possible?

If it at all was I'd do it. But it is about.. I will have to Google Maps this.

it isn't.
frown.gif

Got to be hard with all those issues friend , I have anxiety disorder and I know just the med I take for that effects me quite a bit not to mention the cause...it's an ongoing battle I know .

Just focus on the one and main things , don't complicate issues and I think you will find that helps .

And yes I know having and wanting things helps you maybe feel better but with these issues you can make poor choices (something I have to be careful of myself ) .

As others have said , keep what you have going for now with a minimal of cost , drive it gently and keep your fingers crossed . If you can get by for a time and save , sell your un needed stuff and come up with some $$$$ then a nice vehicle is in your future and it should be something simple and cheap to run and maintain .

Cheers !
smile.gif

I suffer from some of the same issues. Was also diagnosed with anxiety disorder and high function autism (by one Dr.; others think it's a bogus diagnosis). Suffice it to say, I can relate.

I have to give you props man for wanting to get on your own 2 feet. People who don't suffer from mental illness or neurological developmental disorders can't understand how hard the simplest tasks can be!

My advice: KISS. Keep it simple stupid (no offense, it's a saying). I've had to radically simplify my life because too much overwhelms the heck out of me and I start falling into old habits and bad thinking.

If you're starting out a new job, just focus on that. Cut out all the other stuff; cars, video games, all that stuff that will be a distraction. That way, when you have down time, you can relax and decompress instead of constantly having to worry about and juggle other things.

In order to keep gainful employment, you need to stay at your jobs a minimum of a year. Yea, sounds terrifying, I know. But it's the truth. If your resume ends up with lots of holes and periods of unemployment, it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Originally Posted By: joaks
Sorry I haven't been following your threads lately but what will you be getting SSI for?

I have a combination of Frontal Lobe Syndrome, High Functioning Aspergers, Manic/Bipolar, ADD/ADHD, OCD, ODD, Paranoia, Anxiety (*treated many times,) am on meds for, plus Paranoid Personality Disorder, possible Rage disorder (when it gets bad).. amongst other things.. That may/should affect my focus at work. I can tell you that it is HARD for me to work even a normal 7-hour shift, which I now have.

It gets complicated that I AM working while applying, yes. But I am making below the Substantial Gainful Employment levels.

If the lawyer drops the case, I dont care. it's all about earning the money...

Sorry about all those woes. Having living around folks who have some of them its not easy for you and feel for you. It explains your random posts, impulsiveness etc. I have some of those traits too but highly functioning.

Make sure your employment does not effect future ability to collect and qualify for disability if the need arises again. I really hope you can make it.

The good thing despite all the judgement going on is you go for inexpensive items in life like beater cars and used smartphones(hopefully not locking into a service contract).

So you're a half hour drive from housing with Grandma which I assume is cheaper or free rent. But it's uncomfortable there.

So if you have three days on in a row, sleep in the Blazer near the DD's! Drive less, save gas, save wear and tear. Gas is in a way your "rent", if you lived in the 2nd story walkup behind the DD's and walked to work you'd be about the same in the game.

Two hours of ITU's isn't going to help your bald tires or anything else that's barely hanging on.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
So you're a half hour drive from housing with Grandma which I assume is cheaper or free rent. But it's uncomfortable there.

So if you have three days on in a row, sleep in the Blazer near the DD's! Drive less, save gas, save wear and tear. Gas is in a way your "rent", if you lived in the 2nd story walkup behind the DD's and walked to work you'd be about the same in the game.

Two hours of ITU's isn't going to help your bald tires or anything else that's barely hanging on.

I ave done this before and if I didnt have to be in an area that is high probably for robbery AND police harassment (guaranteed, no secluded spots around there, including park, homeland security, etc) I could do like i did in my 20s and do this.

Yes, gas is like my rent.

And Police and hygiene (to an extent, i can shower home) is probably ONLY reason. Police here call it vagrancy and you can be arrested! And at 2AM/3AM.. Yes you will... *knockknockknock* Hello there! Linden Police. May I see your ID or Drivers License?"
^^ Newark calls it "Wandering."
^^^ What's that" Own car? All legit? = Doesn't fly. Public areas are where your car is. VAGRANCY.

No, I am not going to find out.

In that area, its virtual guarantee. Not even so much the robbery, but that. And even robbery could STILL happen.

Dunkin Donuts borders, and is across the street from, two night clubs.

So, check this out:

How long did it take for you to decide to get a job, to getting one?

A week?

In this economy?

You sold yourself.

This can go further.

You like cars.

You could sell cars.

Are you motivated by money? Think of a several hundred dollar commission. Or more.

Can you schmooze? That's all you need.

Try it in between your other job. Plus you might get pick of trade-ins before auction.
wink.gif

Some Walmarts allow people to park their RV trailer in their parking lots overnight. My parents have done this the odd time when in the U.S.
But anyways, probably best just to do the commute for a while, get into the working groove and see how that goes. Once you've got that mastered and some money saved up, then you can make some changes.

Originally Posted By: css9450
Is he banned again? Its been fifteen hours...
I was looking for the update after the 6:00pm when he was going to get his vehicle back from the shop. Is there any other explanation?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: css9450
Is he banned again? Its been fifteen hours...
I was looking for the update after the 6:00pm when he was going to get his vehicle back from the shop. Is there any other explanation?

Many explanations...few of them good...e.g., phone shut off for non-payment...

I think the point is this: GHT needs to live at/below his means. Those means may change with job/circumstance/disability payments, but keeping expenses down to the bare minimum and beginning to develop financial resources are the only ways to get on a path to long-term security.

The waste of $$ on various cars, the perceived "need" for a video-capable smart phone, and the long list of specious reasons for his decisions that cost him $$ (choice of driving distance, etc.) are all symptomatic of the inability to plan for the future. His impulsive videos, his "ITU"s that cost $$, are all short-term/instant gratification decisions...but he lacks the present means (salary, other income, savings) to support those decisions. I have no problem with living in the moment, as long as you've planned for the future. You can be impulsive....as long as those impulses aren't to your long term detriment.

As an example, I made an impulse buy on a car that I really didn't need, but the opportunity presented itself. I am now stuck with a car payment again. But I have roughly 40 times the price of that car in investment accounts/assets and I have a traditional pension (thank you, US Navy)....it took me decades to get to this position, and the advantage of this position is that the car purchase isn't really going to drag me under the way GHT's purchases continue to drag him under.

If he were banned his name wouldn't appear in the user list. It's still there, now. Remember, he has a 7 hour shift at work and may be busy with that.

His previous bans were for disrespectful PMs towards other members. Please don't bait him: This is a help forum after all, so help, or get out of the thread.

So, check this out:

How long did it take for you to decide to get a job, to getting one?

A week?

In this economy?

You sold yourself.

This can go further.

You like cars.

You could sell cars.

Are you motivated by money? Think of a several hundred dollar commission. Or more.

Can you schmooze? That's all you need.

Try it in between your other job. Plus you might get pick of trade-ins before auction.
wink.gif

I even had a light turn on at work today..

What about charging folks $20 to take them to the airport, whereas the glorified Lincoln Towncar, etc. used to charge $50 and now charge $65 and $70? Could get another phone, KEEP IT, and run people from city to city, NOT on the meter.

In spare time.

yes?

If he were banned his name wouldn't appear in the user list. It's still there, now. Remember, he has a 7 hour shift at work and may be busy with that.

His previous bans were for disrespectful PMs towards other members. Please don't bait him: This is a help forum after all, so help, or get out of the thread.

*dingdingding* Was at work!

And, I had to go to the E.R. this morning. I have a cracked rib.

Yes, I am working with the cracked rib.

Yes, focus is almost impossible. Yes, this poses problems.

Yes, I have to take my Abilify...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back