Getting the run around from the Honda parts dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong forum.
whistle.gif

This is Richfield/Bloomington Honda in Minnesota.. Just so all you MN folks now!! They suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
OK, they misdiagnosed the ECU cause the engine light was on, ( I am told to buy one)then they replaced the ecu with one I bought,then it is the issue ( check engine light does not go off)

What was the exact alphanumeric DTC that was pulled from the ECM? Was it "Unknown"? (No, I'm not joking.)

If the dealership checked for TSBs, recalls, or Service News articles, what were their numbers/dates?

I dont know that , there are no codes. when they plug in the ecu the light goes off when they unplug it then the light goes on, Engine is fine, light is messed up. the tech was on with Honda tech support for a couple hrs more than once when I visited. Honda support said they just had a similar issue and its determined to be the instrument cluster . I do have another light out as well..2 Ecus were tried so they put the original back in. I returned one to the dealer and I have to see what happens when I try to return the other one to the other dealer back east. I will check my prinouts from the tech and post them and send you a message.

Thanks man!

I WAS NOT CHARGED for any diagnoses! i will call him tommorow again or I will go there.

Thanks

So you were charged only for the labor to install the ECU correct?

Oh...DEFINITELY listen to everything that Tegger says, the guy is a literal encyclopedia of Honda maintenance and repair knowledge! He is that good.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
I dont know that , there are no codes. when they plug in the ecu the light goes off when they unplug it then the light goes on,

This is just me being way out in internet land but the OBDII port has an ECM ground at pin 4 and a chassis ground at 5. Or vice versa.

Most all scan tools short those pins together, so if your ECM ground is toast, it starts working when the computer plugs in.

Anyway I'm not 100% sure of the honda tech's diagnosis. This sounds like a mess.

A Honda OEM oil filter or just about any name brand oil filter will serve you well on that vehicle. Puro Classics are a real favorite for "bang for the buck" filters for your Honda.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
A Honda OEM oil filter or just about any name brand oil filter will serve you well on that vehicle. Puro Classics are a real favorite for "bang for the buck" filters for your Honda.
laugh.gif

What's that got to do with faulty ECUs?
lol.gif
laugh.gif

I hear that useing a motorcraft filter will fix the ecu.

The only person that screwed the op is himself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I WAS NOT CHARGED for any diagnoses! i will call him tommorow again or I will go there.

Thanks

So you were charged only for the labor to install the ECU correct?

Oh...DEFINITELY listen to everything that Tegger says, the guy is a literal encyclopedia of Honda maintenance and repair knowledge! He is that good.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I was not charged at all , the tech put the original ecu back in,, same result.. labor was free cause they did not fix the issue.. Any advice on where to take my car next?thanks

If you're still stuck with an extra part, eBay is the great buying mistake eraser. You may end up taking some loss in the end, but getting 80% of your money back (between sale price and fees) is a lot better than 0% and looking at the thing sit in the box for years.

I don't get it. You bought a part yourself and then asked somebody to install it for you. When that did not fix the problem, you are now trying to figure out who would take the blame for it.

On top of it, you were not charged for either diagnosis or the repair and you are still complaining.

Obviously, you must have used "wrong oil filter"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back