Generic WD-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HWEaton
Just take the plunge and buy Seafoam Deep Creep.

Is that good stuff? I almost bought a can yesterday, but decided against it.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: j_mac
It is the film it leaves behind that you mentioned that makes it outperform ALL other commonly available aerosol spray oils in the rust prevention department. WD-40 is simply unbeatable in this respect. What have you found that will outperform WD-40 for rust prevention?

I've been using FLUID FILM.
It seems great and some people use it to actually rust proof cars with.

Good stuff. Lanolin. Same thing as Krown rustproofing which has an excellent reputation here. Problem is that it's $14 per spray can.

The "Ronson" brand makes a WD-40 equivalent and I can't see a difference between the two. The Ronson stuff smells better.

This is the company that makes lighter fluid for zippos and butane refill cans for butane lighters.

Bought some Nulon Handyman Spray Lube assuming it would be cheaper than WD-40. Seems to keep rollers on household windows lubricated for a while. Usually used sewing machine oil but as thin as this oil is, it seems to be hanging in there.

I tried using it to remove a sticky label which apparently WD-40 can be used for, but it did nothing apart from leaving an oily mess to clean up. I accidentally discovered that CRC "CO Contact Cleaner" works great for this application.

The lubrication properties of WD 40 are secondary to it's creation as a "Water Dispersant" (formula 40). Just google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back