General Altimax RT- Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a set on my girlfriend's Hyundai XG350L. Seem like pretty good tires. Comfortable ride, handle decently, quiet. No chance to test them in snow this year, but she didn't complain when we had some snowy/slushy conditions a few days ago.

My old BMW came on a set of these, which the selling dealer put on new, when I bought it two years ago.
These tires would not have been my first choice for this car, but I am very pleased with them.
I don't think you can buy a better tire for anything close to the money that the Altimax will run you.
The RT and the HP are very closely priced.
The HP is a more performance oriented tire, while the RT is a longer wearing one.
I have a set of HPs on the older Subaru, and they're very good on that car.
Check tires-easy.com for pricing, since they were the ones to beat when I bought the tires for the Impreza.

Got a set on my Corolla with about 10K on them and like them better than any previous brands I've used. Quiet, good ride, good handling. Would definitely use them again. Matter of fact, I have ONE on order to put on the rear of my Can Am Spyder.

I run Winterforce tires on the van in the winter months, so snow and ice performance is not required for a set of summer tires for me. I wanted another set of Michelin HydroEdge, which is what I had on my last van, a Dodge Grand Caravan. They were great tires, especially in rain. However, the Honda Odyssey takes a bigger tire, (265X65R-16) and HydroEdge are not available in that size. So I am looking for a good rain/touring tire substitute for the Michelins. Looking at the specs and the surveys on Tire Rack, these Altimax RTs look like a good tire for the money. Thanks much for the replies.

I only know one person in our circle using the RT's and they like'em very much. I think you'll be happy with them as well although, the true test is to buy them and give feedback to us all. The General Altimax RT seem to get some very good reviews.

It is funny how everyone has a different experience. I had a complete set of these on a 2006 Chevrolet Impala. Easily one of the worst tires I ever purchased. Tread life was horrible (all four were worn out at only 25,000 miles, rotated every 7,000 miles.) Snow traction was downright dangerous. Wet weather performance went downhill after about 15,000 miles and became really sketchy at 20,000 miles. Quiet when new, but quickly became noisy.

Replaced them with Goodyear Assurance Touring from Sams's Club and never looked back.

we're on our 2nd consecutive set of Altimax HPs on wife's Elantra and we love them! I don't know how similar the RT is to HP but if it's closely related, I am sure it will be a fine tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back