GC and Ceratec @ 900 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
initially (1st 300 miles), I thought the Ceratec was doing nothing. Now at 900 miles, MP has gone from 22 MPG to between 22.4 and 22.6.

I say between because I figured once I saw the 22.6, I thought I may have been 'wanting' the ceratec to work, so I made it a point to drive hard all of the time. Still, @ 22.4, this is a 2% increase in MPG.

Can't wait to compare the UOA's between base GC and GC + ceratec.

Then on to the Liqui-Moly 5W-40.

It really is. Historically (over 120,000 miles) I would average about 21.6 running dino (If I remember correctly), and 22 with synthetic.

the MPG on the computer usually stops changing after ~1000 miles, as my driving habits in this car are pretty consistent.

Well, @ 1150 miles, one bout of bad traffic has got me down to 22 again.

1500 miles, still at 22 (more AC during this period though, a lot more). My running average longterm on the computer is down to 21.8 though.

So, so far all I can say is no noticeable MPG increse or decrease

Is this the Cera Tec you are talking about

CeraTec is a micro ceramic solid lubricant suspension, based on hexagonal Boron Nitride (BN) in mineral oil. CeraTec reduces friction and wear and prevents direct metal to metal contact, is mixable with all oils, improves fuel economy and engine efficiency, boosts engine performance even in extreme conditions. Suitable for use in very low and very high
temperatures – to 1200°C.

300ml’s will treat up to
5 litres of motor oil and remain effective up to 50,000 klms, not for use in synchro gear boxes or limited slip differentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back