Frustrated with Dealership!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up 'VTC' on the internet and it says it's abbreviated for Vehicular Technology Conference.
confused2.gif

Well I got my car back from the dealer this evening. I had the brakes flushed, the tires rotated, and the noise (VTC noise) issue looked at. The dealership actually admitted to hearing the noise! In the paperwork they said that they heard a "rattle" on start up, and that it sounded like it was a rattle from the VTC actuator, and that Honda has asked them to wait for further instructions on the fix for this problem. I am glad the issue was acknowledge and then documented. They also referenced TSB 09-010. So at least it was documented, I hope and pray that Honda will come up with a permanent fix for this issue, and that my car will be included in the fix.

Futher info: the dealer left a message on my cell earlier today that the car was ready. I listened to the message and he mentioned the TSB and said that with this engine its very important to use a quality oil and change it frequently to keep the engine clean and sludge free so the VTC actuator / chain tensioner will live longer and help prevent more engine damage. Little did he know I am a BITOG member and am already obsessive about changing my oil. Guess I will stick to PPPP at 5K/6 months or slightly less with a Fram Ultra every other OCI to keep things clean!

I'll be interested to see my first UOA on this car to see if metals will be higher due to the metal grinding of the VTC actuator pin.

Last edited:
Lol yeah he just knows you as Greg, not gregk24 who of course will change his oil on time LOL. Not as some guy who will look at the odometer 2 years later and go, hmm, it's been 20,000 miles since my last oil change. Better take it into Jiffy Lube.

I doubt even the OP of this thread knows what VTC is abbreviated for.

I should start my own thread titled: Frustrated with People using Abbreviations without providing the Definition!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I doubt even the OP of this thread knows what VTC is abbreviated for.

I should start my own thread titled: Frustrated with People using Abbreviations without providing the Definition!

Well, since YOU don't know let me clarify for YOU. It stands for variable timing control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back