Fram Tough Guard Air Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched and was surprised to find nothing about this filter here. The main "feature" appears to be the pre-oiled paper media which Fram claims gives better dirt capture. They also feature a little heavier backing screen and a glue bead to keep the pleats from folding over. I recently purchase one as a replacement filter for an F150. I'm no fan of most Fram oil filters, but their air filters have generally appeared to be well constructed.

Has anyone seen any test data on the Tough Guard air filters?

I think there have been several posts on this. Purolator also makes an oiled paper filter, I've had one on my car for about 5k miles. Short of some testing, I'm not sure how much different it would perform over a non-oiled filter.

Quote:

I searched and was surprised to find nothing about this filter here. The main "feature" appears to be the pre-oiled paper media which Fram claims gives better dirt capture. They also feature a little heavier backing screen and a glue bead to keep the pleats from folding over. I recently purchase one as a replacement filter for an F150. I'm no fan of most Fram oil filters, but their air filters have generally appeared to be well constructed.

Has anyone seen any test data on the Tough Guard air filters?

wgtoys,

Just bought one for my 89' Camry and appears to be just as good as the OEM parts that Toyota makes. I can't understand all the hoopla about em. Anyone care to educate me?

Durango

Put one on the wifes car today. Pureones are not available for the trailblazer. Looked decent, good fit, but nothing special.
Appeared to have less oil (not even detectable) than the Pureones. Made in Canada as was the OE one that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back