Fram Titanium FS10575 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2017 tahoe PPV 5.3L 46,000 miles
in service 6100 miles

out/off: 8 quarts Mobil 1 EP 0w-20 with fram titanium FS10575

on/in: 1.5 quarts HPL EC30 and 6.5 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with Carquest Premium 84502 (PG with silicone gasket)

no tears but not what i like to see.

IMG_6863.jpeg

IMG_6865.jpeg

IMG_6866.jpeg

IMG_6868.jpeg

IMG_6867.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6870.jpeg

IMG_6871.jpeg

IMG_6872.jpeg

IMG_6874.jpeg

I'd actually be just fine with this one. Those other TG's & PH's with grand canyon pleat spacing is what makes this one look great. Good service in that Tahoe. Thank you

Thanks for the C&P. Yeah a bit wavy. Not sure how I feel.

Do the wavy ever get any of y'all a little weary of going for another one?

Thanks for the C&P. Yeah a bit wavy. Not sure how I feel.

Do the wavy ever get any of y'all a little weary of going for another one?
i won’t purchase another one.
@BrendanC glad to see you wearing gloves with as many oil changes as you do! I hate wearing gloves but I only do them a couple times a year... I know I should still have gloves on.

Just my $0.02
i try my best to keep gloves on when dealing with oil but sometimes they rip or get in the way and stuff has to get done.

That level of wavy pleats doesn't cause any problems. Many filters (Purolator, Bosch, Motorcraft, etc) have shown some wavy pleats over the last 14 years, and nobody seemed to lose their mind over it, but now that we are entering into the age of centerfolds and beauty pageants, people lose their minds if the pleats aren't laser straight. 😄

That level of wavy pleats doesn't cause any problems. Many filters (Purolator, Bosch, Motorcraft, etc) have shown some wavy pleats over the last 14 years, and nobody seemed to lose their mind over it, but now that we are entering into the age of centerfolds and beauty pageants, people lose their minds if the pleats aren't laser straight. 😄
i understand that wavy doesn’t hurt. what i dont need is a filter tearing in service. notice i dont run any other filters known for waviness?

i understand that wavy doesn’t hurt. what i dont need is a filter tearing in service. notice i dont run any other filters known for waviness?
Zero proof that wavy pleats that are not widely spaced will tear. Widely spaced pleats can tear regardless if they are wavy or laser straight - seen that happen over and over for many years. The only thing that wavy pleats like this one hurts is the feelings of the beauty pageant judges. 😄 We have also seen twisted and wavy pleats on many cartridge filters, with no tearing involved. And people don't seem to care much about those examples. Guess the cartridge filters don't qualify for the beauty pageants.

Reactions: hrv
Zero proof that wavy pleats that are not widely spaced will tear. Widely spaced pleats can tear regardless if they are wavy or laser straight - seen that happen over and over for many years. The only thing that wavy pleats like this one hurts is the feelings of the beauty pageant judges. 😄 We have also seen twisted and wavy pleats on many cartridge filters, with no tearing involved. And people don't seem to care much about those examples. Guess the cartridge filters don't qualify for the beauty pageants.
i don’t need proof. i can run a premium guard and not have to worry about pleats coming out wavy or tearing. trucks on HPL EC will get carquest premiums and trucks on HPL PCEO get Endurances. no reason to run another new style titanium/ultra. i’m a fram user and i love the OG filters/endurance but i refuse to give them any more money for these new cheapened up filters. same thing for not running any M+H filter that isn’t backed like the BOSS. and the BOSS is a last resort due to efficiency.

It's still 'Merica ... people use what ever makes them fuzzy inside. 😄 ;)

But for people who are worried that filters with wavy pleats will tear media due to internet misconceptions and misinformation, there is absolutely zero proof that happens.

i don’t need proof. i can run a premium guard and not have to worry about pleats coming out wavy or tearing. trucks on HPL EC will get carquest premiums and trucks on HPL PCEO get Endurances. no reason to run another new style titanium/ultra. i’m a fram user and i love the OG filters/endurance but i refuse to give them any more money for these new cheapened up filters. same thing for not running any M+H filter that isn’t backed like the BOSS. and the BOSS is a last resort due to efficiency.
I cut new XG’s and found thin/weak paper much like problematic filters of the past. May as well go up to FE or down to something else - Some Fram’s no longer meet a price point in quality …

I cut new XG’s and found thin/weak paper much like problematic filters of the past. May as well go up to FE or down to something else - Some Fram’s no longer meet a price point in quality …
exactly my point. these trucks get cold started and immediately driven hard. i just don’t see the point in paying a premium for a “premium” filter that is no much more than a TG with extra pleats.

....i try my best to keep gloves on when dealing with oil but sometimes they rip or get in the way and stuff has to get done.
Not that it's really my business but since you mention it, I'm glad to see you using gloves more often now. It's a good, even best practice.

Topic XG looks like got the job done. Thanks for c&p.

A beauty with an ugly face but she still waves 👋
Thanks for the c&p and pictures and pageantry 😁

You have weird taste zee. This filter is as good as going on a date with an ugly lady for 5000 miles and back looking withered down. Fortunately for some of us with an exquisite taste we see laser straight wire backed filters the same as going out with a hot asian girl for 10 to 20 thousand miles and back still looking pretty.

Back