Fram Titanium FS10575 C&P

No it’s over your theory of water in oil …
You can like this filter all you want - nobody cares …
It's not about "liking" anything, it's about why things may happen or not due to use. You can do as many PF style tests as you want, nobody cares. Still waiting for the "column analysis" on those mean Hulk-ish like pleats that destroy leaf springs when they get mad.That could be a PF-style test too. ;)

It's not about "liking" anything, it's about why things may happen or not due to use. You can do as many PF style tests as you want, nobody cares. Still waiting for the analysis on those mean Hulk-ish like pleats that destroy leaf springs when they get mad. ;)
Your theory on water in oil still all you have …?
The spring came out misaligned - no other filter does this …
(It’s part of the PRV assembly and needs to seal) …
I never defended this weak filter … you go ahead …
(You are still backwards on what I said on the spring)

Your theory on water in oil still all you have …?
The spring came out misaligned - no other filter does this …
(It’s part of the PRV assembly and needs to seal) …
I never defended this weak filter … you go ahead …
As I mentioned before, in the photo it's pretty obvious that the leaf spring wasn't fully seated in the end cap - no proof it was actually deformed from anything. Zero other reports of "deformed" leaf springs. There is no way that wavy pleats are going to actually deform a metal leaf spring ... that's ridiculous. Anyone with any experience in load force analysis would realize that. That kind of force would also have to break and separate the glue seal between the center tube and end cap in order to put added load on the leaf spring to deformation. You think I'm defending a weak filter, but it's actually about why things happen, regardless of what brand the filter is. I've said negative things about Frams too when there is an obvious failure if you've been paying attention. And you know wavy pleats are not a new and unique thing with oil filters, you've been here as long as I have. It basically boils down to the OG Ultra fanboyz being all bent over the change in media. I really don't care who likes it now or not, so again you are wrong in your perception. Some people know that wavy pleats don't really hurt anything but the looks after use. Only the C&P centerfold pageant judges care about wavy pleats. The oil filter forum has basically turned into a C&P beauty contest instead of a technical discussion forum.

As I mentioned before, in the photo it's pretty obvious that the leaf spring wasn't fully seated in the end cap - no proof it was actually deformed from anything. Zero other reports of deformed leaf springs. There is no way that wavy pleats are going to actually deform a metal leaf springs ... that's ridiculous. That kind of force would also have to break and separate the glue seal between the center tube and end cap in order to put added load on the leaf spring to deformation. You think I'm defending a weak filter, but it's actually about why things happen, regardless of what brand the filter is. I've said negative things about Fram too when there is an obvious failure if you've been paying attention. And you know wavy pleats are not a new and unique thing with oil filters, you've been here as long as I have. It basically boils down to the OG Ultra fanboyz being all bend over the change in media. I really don't care who likes it now or not, so again you are wrong in your perception. Some people know that wavy pleats don't really hurt anything but the looks after use. Only the C&P centerfold pagent judges care about wavy pleats. The oil filter forum has basically turned into a C&P beauty contest instead of a technical disscussion fourm.
I never said the spring was deformed - I questioned if it still made contact bcs I don’t know if the end to end is shorter or longer 🙄
Again, 20 years of this using filter or equivalent - everything normal until they changed the XG …
The rest are oblique comments at best …

I never said the spring was deformed - I questioned if it still made contact bcs I don’t know if the end to end is shorter or longer 🙄
So now you're saying that when the pleats get wavy that the distance between the end caps decreases? Think about how an oil filter is constructed. What actually holds the distance between the end caps. You could totally remove the media and that distance isn't going to change.
Again, 20 years of this using filter or equivalent - everything normal until they changed the XG …
The rest are oblique comments at best …
There's an ex-OG Ultra fanboy signature series crying towel available, lol. Move on and find a different filter that makes you happy. Simple as that. Nobody cares what filter you or anyone else uses.

So now you're saying that when the pleats get wavy that the distance between the end caps decreases? Think about how an oil filter is constructed. What actually holds the distance between the end caps. You could totally remove the media and that distance isn't going to change.

There's an ex-OG Ultra fanboy signature series crying towel available, lol. Move on and find a different filter that makes you happy. Simple as that. Nobody cares what filter you or anyone else uses.
Grow up

I’m fine - and would never turn to you - you are always stuck on your assumptions … then get snarky for no reason - bye, bye
You're not fine ... it's obvious that you're pretty bitter and hurt over losing the beloved OG Ultra. Seems to be a few still working through the trauma. ;)

This is about 10 pounds of force - as I mentioned before the deformation did not occur where the metal seam is. Very rigid …
Once I moved away from water and growth - I’m thinking structure vs residual forces …
So yes, it’s easy to move the end caps closer together …

IMG_9891.jpeg

This is about 10 pounds of force - as I mentioned before the deformation did not occur where the metal seam is. Very rigid …
Once I moved away from water and growth - I’m thinking structure vs residual forces …
So yes, it’s easy to move the end caps closer together …

1713038694457.jpeg
Yeah, the end caps will move closer together when you squeeze the end caps together with your hands and deflect the outer circumference of the end caps. That doesn't happen in real use. The force from the leaf spring is transferred through the center tube which is ridged enough to prevent the end caps from moving.

Last edited:
Back