Fram TG 9688 7700 oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was ran on my 12 Kia Sorento 2.4 7700 oci with supertech syn 5w20.i was happy to see it turn out so well looks great compaired to the 14 Kia ran with an ocod 7500. I'm happy with it and replaced with another tough guard and Napa syn 5w20
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]

Looks very good. We run those on our daughter's 15 KIA Soul they work very well.

Thanks for the cut and post!

Fiber end-cap or metal end-cap makes no difference how good an oil filter is, this TG is very good after 7k miles of use. Thanks for cutting and posting.

Happy Holiday.

I just don't see the savings with these and the Ultra is cheap on sale. Thanks for the pictures and it looks okay. But run a Ultra out for 2 OCI's and that's the deal for me. JMHO

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Fiber end-cap or metal end-cap makes no difference how good an oil filter is, this TG is very good after 7k miles of use. Thanks for cutting and posting.

Happy Holiday.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I just don't see the savings with these and the Ultra is cheap on sale. Thanks for the pictures and it looks okay. But run a Ultra out for 2 OCI's and that's the deal for me. JMHO
[/quote]
Due to warrenty constants I can only go 1 oci per filter and an extra $3.65 for an underused ultra that would do no better per oci just isn't worth it to me. But on my other vehicles I do use ultra.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
If that were a Puro the Framboys would be whining that the pleats were too widely spaced.

Haha and since it's a fram the purolovers will state the above every time.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
If that were a Puro the Framboys would be whining that the pleats were too widely spaced.

If it was a Purolator, the Puroboys would claim the tearing problem is fixed.
laugh.gif

So how do you guys know that it "looks good"?? It looks like a dirty oil filter to me. There are no large chunks of sludge or anything but what makes a dirty oil filter "look good"??

Originally Posted By: loneryder
So how do you guys know that it "looks good"?? It looks like a dirty oil filter to me. There are no large chunks of sludge or anything but what makes a dirty oil filter "look good"??

No tears for one no failures and overall straight even pleats look good.pliable adbv. Basically it did its job well with no failures and remained it's integrity without deforming.

Originally Posted By: Branson304
Looks great! Thanks for the cut & post. The Tough Guard is becoming my favorite Fram filter.
smile.gif

They are my favorite Fram as well. The filtration is excellent, they give fantastic starts and they are way more than enough for the OCI's I do so the Ultra for me just doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back