FP+, FP60 and other direct injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 86cutlass307
Please have a look at my post - Here

I am just under 49k now on the Honda using FP Plus religiously.

Thanks for the info/review. I think Honda has fared much better with GDI so far compared to VW/Audi. I'd love to see boroscope pics when/if you do them. I think I'd buy a cheapo 'scope off Amazon and do mine at 20 or 30k to see how it looks. For less than $20, seems worth it.

I also figured that if I ran a low SAPS oil and changed it at 5k vs running 10k with LC20, I'd be spending ~$500 more over 200k miles (my lifetime estimate/goal for the car). $500 can get you a couple valve cleanings, so I'm not likely to go that route.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Declaration: I have no current business association with LCD or its suppliers, and this is not an endorsement for, nor a criticism of LCD's products. I have no control of LCD marketing statements.
N
The link below was a test only for LC20 (Oil Additive) and FP60 (old fuel additive).

http://www.lcdinc.com/tests_dyson.php

I formulated the FP PLUS.

The FP PLUS was originally formulated in two versions, one for gasoline engines and another for diesel. We then formulated a single fuel additive for both applications ultimately designated FP PLUS. Fuels including biodiesel and ethanol fuels showed improvements in fuel stability and slight increases in mileage.

Testing of FP PLUS was done by a well respected outside facility, but the test report was not made public because it contained proprietary information.

FP PLUS has a slightly higher amount of fuel stabilizer than most fuels or other fuel additives.

FP PLUS has the following characteristics:

1. an injector cleaner and lubricant
2. fuel system cleaner and lubricant
3. upper cylinder cleaner
4. less cylinder desposits due to a cleaner burning formulation
5. improves combustion thermodynamics
6. made from renewable resources
7. slightly better mpg in many (but not all) engines
8. better fuel stabilization than most other fuel additives

There are some synthetic components in FP PLUS such as oleoesters that make it more biodegradeable than most fuel system additives.

I knew there was a reason I've been using this product for several years.
It was even better once LCD got their packaging/shipping act together so the box didn't leak like a Fukushima reactor.

I bought some RLI Bio-Plus to run in the new engine. At the maintenance treat rate (1oz per ~15gal), the cost is less than 25 cents per tank, and about half of FP+. (was ~$40 w/ free shipping from Amazon for a gallon)

I'm still thinking of using LC20, as I would trust the 10k mile OCIs then.

In a few years when I hit 30k, I'll try to run a 'scope and post pics... (don't hold your breath in the meantime)

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I bought some RLI Bio-Plus to run in the new engine. At the maintenance treat rate (1oz per ~15gal), the cost is less than 25 cents per tank, and about half of FP+. (was ~$40 w/ free shipping from Amazon for a gallon)

I'm still thinking of using LC20, as I would trust the 10k mile OCIs then.

In a few years when I hit 30k, I'll try to run a 'scope and post pics... (don't hold your breath in the meantime)

Is Bio-Plus a UCL as well? They make no mention of it, so I'm guessing no.

"Good afternoon _____,

Yes, Bio-Plus™ Injector Cleaner does have lubricating qualities, and of course how much depends on the treat rate (see attached TDS). "For intake valve sticking problems a maximum treat rate of 12 oz. per 20 gallons is recommended to improve lubricity and eliminate sticking". Although in normal use, you don't need to run this high treat rate.

I don't have any measurable engine wear reduction data (like in upper cylinders), but know the product has the ability to provide lubricity/antiwear. This is based on the concentrated polymeric dispersant chemistry and synthetic ester carriers, where we know the formula reduces and prevents sticking valves, and customers have used the recommended whole 12 oz bottle in the fuel to correct a sever sticking valve. In addition, these biobased synthetic ester carriers are also used as lubricity/antiwear improvers in other products like diesel fuels, hydraulic fluids, metal working fluids, etc. The ability of this product to minimizes crankcase oil dilution can also be directed to cleanliness and lubricity in the upper cylinder area.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Bill

William Garmier, Vice President"

Prompt response from the VP is always nice. I may solely run this as my fuel treatment, then take a look at the valves after 30k and see what they look like. Mixing adds would only muddy any conclusions. Although I am likely to run LC20 in the oil, which should help prevent blowby deposits also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back