Ford EcoBoost Prototype Sets Daytona Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
COOL!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Will one of those powerplants fit in the middle of a Noble Mwhatever (or what ever they are called now once being bought out)???
21.gif
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Very cool. Now will they be able to field this car under the new racing body next year?

That is the purpose of the car.

while i am happy for ford and the ecoboost motor, it's kinda like breaking a gokart record with a f1 car. both have 4 wheels, right!

let's see, twin turbo v6 sohc (nascar requires no poweradders v8 pushrod motor) with a body that wasnt up to then or now nascar specs....so yes completely the same except for *ALL* of the differences.

steve

Originally Posted By: sunruh
let's see, twin turbo v6 sohc (nascar requires no poweradders v8 pushrod motor) with a body that wasnt up to then or now nascar specs....so yes completely the same except for *ALL* of the differences.

Does that mean that it's time for NASCAR to join the new millenium? They're already thirty years behind that landmark.
wink.gif

crashcar (what my buddy and i call it instead of nascar) got efi last year or what that this year.

eh who really cares. they let cars race with engines you cant buy in that model so why does it matter?

it just cookie cutter racing.

the only real differences between the field is how the special built frame was done for that track, setup and driver the rest is pretty much all identical.

crashcar (what my buddy and i call it instead of nascar) got efi last year or what that this year.

eh who really cares. they let cars race with engines you cant buy in that model so why does it matter?

Maybe in forty years they'll get direct injection and OHC engines.
wink.gif

Isn't the EcoBoost V-6 a DOHC/24 valve??
21.gif

sorry for my D -> S typo...yes it is a difference.

compared to the 16valve pushrod v8 that nascar uses.

somebody show me a camary that you can buy with a v8 in it?

Sorry for my D -> S typo...yes it is a difference.

compared to the 16valve pushrod v8 that nascar uses.

somebody show me a Camry that you can buy with a V-8 in it?

Not just that, but somebody please show me a current Toy V-8 that is; OHV, pushrod, 16 valve.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back