2024 Dodge Charger Revealed

Lots of info in the press release.

• Challenger name is gone, for now.
• EV and Gasoline models. EV comes first.
• 2-door and 4-door models. 2-door comes first.
• AWD standard on all models.
• V8s are gone. Twin Turbo 3.0 I-6 only gasoline option.
• 100.5 kWh Prismatic cell pack
• Production starts mid 2024.
• “The Dodge Charger Daytona R/T is expected to deliver more than 317 miles of range, while the higher performance Charger Daytona Scat Pack provides 260 miles of all-electric range.”

“The next-generation Dodge Charger electrifies a legend. The Charger will retain its title as the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car, led by the all-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack, which delivers 670 horsepower and is expected to reach 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and to run the quarter-mile in an estimated 11.5 seconds. Electrified models also include the 496-horsepower 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T.

The all-new Dodge Charger features standard all-wheel drive for all models and will offer performance choices via multi-energy powertrain options — the 550-horsepower Dodge Charger SIXPACK H.O. powered by the 3.0L Twin Turbo Hurricane High Output engine and the 420-horsepower Dodge Charger SIXPACK S.O. fueled by the 3.0L Twin Turbo Hurricane Standard Output engine.”

Most powerful versions coming.

Disappointingly bland looking in my opinion. 🤷🏼‍♂️. The concept looked better.
IMG_7064.jpeg

IMG_7065.jpeg

IMG_7066.jpeg

IMG_7068.jpeg

IMG_7070.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like a Camaro and a Mustang had a baby. It's good looking but doesn't scream MoPar. According to the article, they brought the interior into the 21st century.

How many of these high output cars do they expect to sell? Will there be a $40k or $50k version for us regular folks?

so...the first product they release is a 2 door charger? I thought coupes were dead? Seems like they are testing the waters here...especially since for the last 20 years or so the chargers were 4 door. It looks OK, but I was never a Dodge guy so don't ask me. Happy to see a new gas powertrain, these will be popular with burble tunes. Stellanis clean sheet engine/car should be interesting for reliability.

so...the first product they release is a 2 door charger? I thought coupes were dead? Seems like they are testing the waters here...especially since for the last 20 years or so the chargers were 4 door. It looks OK, but I was never a Dodge guy so don't ask me. Happy to see a new gas powertrain, these will be popular with burble tunes. Stellanis clean sheet engine/car should be interesting for reliability.
If OEM's can show off "performance" EV's then the market will welcome them. This also allows folks with disposable income mindset to buy into EV's. And the OEM's can keep selling EV's instead of gas guzzling V8 muscle cars to give MPG & emission credit. 2 door is going to sell better for a "muscle" car.

If OEM's can show off "performance" EV's then the market will welcome them. This also allows folks with disposable income mindset to buy into EV's. And the OEM's can keep selling EV's instead of gas guzzling V8 muscle cars to give MPG & emission credit. 2 door is going to sell better for a "muscle" car.
I know a lot of guys with fast gas cars. Not a single one has an EV, unless it's for commuting, and the general consensus is that they're fast, but soulless, bland, and utterly unfun to own because there's nothing to tinker with or mod. A Tesla might smoke a rat rod, but it's still a "beige-aesthetic mom" appliance in comparison.

My 25-year old "gas guzzling V8 muscle car" routinely knocks down 30-32mpg on the interstate (with its barbaric, ancient push-rod design, sheer horror), which is better than what a brand-new Santa Fe hybrid is rated for. But, I'm all for manufacturers doing an EV version of their fast cars if it lets them keep a gas-powered version in the lineup.

Rumor is there will be a 4th gen Hemi engine as well. We’ll see. I like the 2 door but it should be called the Challenger IMO.

3.3 seconds is faster than other muscle cars but slower than a Tesla Plaid. So which category are they marketing it in?

Wait a year.. " We overestimated EV demand"

Not sure who they expect to attract to $60k+ porky EV sports car.

my 2 cents if you want one.. buy a hemi now.
Same for GOLF with MT.

3.3 seconds is faster than other muscle cars but slower than a Tesla Plaid. So which category are they marketing it in?
I think they are mistakenly trying to convert their regular customers to buy into EV's? So its quick enough to tromp any factory Mustang or Camaro, especially on the street, which may keep some traditional customers, but I doubt many Tesla buyers would be looking at Dodge anything, no matter how it performs?

I think they should add some hoonigan features like Rwd burnout mode, or a true linked connection between the throttle pedal and the speed controller, for true AWD burnouts, dumping all 800hp to the tires at a standstill and send the tires to 160mph in 1 second type stuff. Perhaps building a drivetrain to handle RC car level shenanigans is difficult, but that would be unique to Dodge for sure!
An EV drivetrain could be quite brutal in how it delivers power, heck they could add some capacitors to charge up before a run to give the option of hitting a button at 90 mph and getting another extra couple hundred hp for a few seconds?

Last edited:
Back