Finally purchased a Mityvac (MV7400) Fluid Evacuator

I bought the MityVac awhile ago and I have not used it as much as I expected. I bought the adapter to do vacuum brake bleeding and have yet to use that. But with my new to me boat I may start to use it.

I just bought a knockoff from Amazon and it works well. I am somewhat puzzled though...how do you store the tubes so they stay relatively straight and don't drip?

I would like to mount them on the wall but am interested how others are doing it.
I store my single tube (after thorough draining)by threading it into one of my garage door panels.

? having a hard time visualizing.
1000002105.jpg

That's brilliant! I love when everyday items double as storage space. Unfortunately my doors don't have that gap to tuck the tubes into.

For now, I cut some 1-1/4 PVC to 42" and installed caps at both ends. One end has a wadded paper towel stuffed inside the cap to collect the drips. The pipe holds all four of the tubes and sets in the corner. At some point I plan to mount it horizontally above the door, unless I see someone else's storage idea that will work better in my garage.

20240302_202328.jpg

My Jaguar is designed to have the oil extracted out the top. There is a coaxial tube in the center of the oil filler tube that the plastic hose for my MityVac slips over. It also has a top mounted cannister oil filter. After 50 years of crawling around underneath vehicles to do an oil change, using an extractor pump from the top is a godsend. It is actually a surgical like procedure to change the oil & filter and I actually enjoy it. I do understand the disadvantage in not being able to do an undercarriage inspection at the same time but the car is still relatively new and I have three more years of free annual service from the dealer so I'm not going to worry about it at the moment.

For the plastic suction tube, I have a couple of little rubber caps that I found at the hardware store that slip over the ends. I just hang the capped tube up on my wire storage shelves and let it drain. When I can see all the oil has drained into one end I pull the cap and let it drip out into my used oil container. I do not leave any oil in the MityVac, I just flip the lever and pull the plug at the top and pour it out into a recycling container. And I do not leave the lever locked and rubber plug expanded when it is not in use.

That's brilliant! I love when everyday items double as storage space. Unfortunately my doors don't have that gap to tuck the tubes into.

For now, I cut some 1-1/4 PVC to 42" and installed caps at both ends. One end has a wadded paper towel stuffed inside the cap to collect the drips. The pipe holds all four of the tubes and sets in the corner. At some point I plan to mount it horizontally above the door, unless I see someone else's storage idea that will work better in my garage.

View attachment 206385
Good idea. Gonna get some PVC and make one for my hoses. After using, I hang the hose up over a trash can till it drains sufficiently.

Back