finally got me a atv, what oil now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up my dream machine, 750 kingquad. Any problem with changing over to synthetic for the first oil change? i have rotell t6 and mobil 1 mx4t availible by me.

Nope put the synthetic to her! you'll be fine,any HDEO conventional or syn will work great in that unit,enjoy!

Originally Posted By: jay929
better then mobil 1 mx4t for motorcycles?!

That stuff is $10/quart and will shear down.

+2 Rotella. That's waht I'm using in my Brute Force 750.

[censored] nice machine BTW! Enjoy.

Last edited:
I Myself did put syn in for my first oil change and have had no problems after 7 yrs. But most engine manfs suggest putting 35 to 50 hrs on the machine b4 changing them over to syn in less it came in them from the factory. I would prob go the 35 to 50 hrs b4 if i was to do it over again my self to get a little wear and break in. I would use the syn oil after that for sure. Good luck in what u choose to do..

thanks, i did the valvoline atv oil for the first 100 miles or so then will go to mobil 1 motorcycle oil.

Rotella as mentioned is what I use in my 2008 KQ 750, works flawless.

If you ever are looking for a good KQ forum to join...Nyroc is the answer to any question you may conceive of having...seriously.

Last edited:
thanks, i currently am a member on nyroc. maybe i will just use the rotella stuff even though i had my mind set on the trusty mobil 1 mx4t stuff. its cheaper then mobil 1 too.

if you are dead set on using a Mobil 1 product, you might want to hunt out some gallon jugs of Mobil 1 5w-40 heavy duty (diesel) oil on sale @ walmart for $26 + which is only @ $5 more than gallon jugs of Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 for $21 +

I made the switch to Rotella in my Polaris Ranger, Polaris specs 2w50 (odd) and i put T-6 in it this past change, good to go !

Do you plan on running the 5w40 during the winter too? No problem with it being a 5w?

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
I made the switch to Rotella in my Polaris Ranger, Polaris specs 2w50 (odd) and i put T-6 in it this past change, good to go !

I just switched to the M1 T4 10w-40 also. It has the JASO MA rating for wet clutch.

A lot of people don't worry about it, but the King Quad manual specifically states use JACO MA rated oil for wet clutch care. All of the motorcycle oils carry this specification.

Only problem is Motor cycle oils especially the Syns are expensive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back