Fiat 9.55535 GH2

I know this spec is for a mid-SAPS, ACEA C3 oil. Anyone know what more is stated in the spec or have a copy?

Not public, it's part of Petronas-FCA contract. Anyway any stable w40 will work same or better.

okay.... oil spec... makes more sense.. I saw that Final 2 as a Z. "Fiat 9.55535 GHZ" like a radio frequency...
I guess it's a good thing I took next week off...

S2 is 5w40 C3 not high performance.
T2 is 5w40 C3 for GAS (C3 with lower SAPS)
Z2 is 5w40 A3/B4 ~ MB229.5 high performance (premium M2/N2)

Last edited:
I mean GH2 is like H2 but C3.
Ok thanks for the clarification. One other question. One of the approved oils for my car is Selenia Quadrifoglio, which is GH2 and C3. The safety sheet for this oil shows 70% of it as not classified oils. I assume that means it’s proprietary but do you know if this is a Group III oil?

yes grpIII oil
Another oil that looks ok for my car is Motul 8100 X-Clean 5W40. It’s C3 and shows S2, T2 and GH2. Strangely, the updated version X-Clean Gen2 5W40 shows only S2 and T2 but no GH2. What’s the implication?

Ok thanks for the clarification. One other question. One of the approved oils for my car is Selenia Quadrifoglio, which is GH2 and C3. The safety sheet for this oil shows 70% of it as not classified oils. I assume that means it’s proprietary but do you know if this is a Group III oil?
Mainly seems G-III yes, but it has special flash point and good pour point, so seems it has any extra neutral base oil (Etro+ from Petronas or C15-50 from Mobil/Neste) or little PAO.

Mainly seems G-III yes, but it has special flash point and good pour point, so seems it has any extra neutral base oil (Etro+ from Petronas or C15-50 from Mobil/Neste) or little PAO.
Ok, that is re my GIII comment. What’s your response to my Motul comments?

X-Clean gen2 lost A40 and GH2. It has different bases chemistry, incredible VI, HTHS and cold performance but change hot visco and flash point, may be the reason.

X-Clean gen2 lost A40 and GH2. It has different bases chemistry, incredible VI, HTHS and cold performance but change hot visco and flash point, may be the reason.
Thanks. Among these three GH2/C3 5W-40 oils, is there a best one overall: Selenia Quadrifoglio, Motul 8100 X-Clean, Ravenol VMO?

X-Clean and VMO use same additive pkg from Shell, both mainly G.III, I'd use cheaper.
Quadrifoglio seems Lubrizol pkg and little secret there until analized, it's Sport Power sucessor, should be like others or little better.
Other good options, GH2 apart, are Aral High Tronic, Havoline Ultra S, Motul Specific 50501, Neste Pro C3, Selenia K Pure Energy, old Selenia Sport Power, Total Ineo, Valvoline Synpower MST and Redline Euro and Ravenol RUP as TOP option.

X-Clean and VMO use same additive pkg from Shell, both mainly G.III, I'd use cheaper.
Quadrifoglio seems Lubrizol pkg and little secret there until analized, it's Sport Power sucessor, should be like others or little better.
Other good options, GH2 apart, are Aral High Tronic, Havoline Ultra S, Motul Specific 50501, Neste Pro C3, Selenia K Pure Energy, old Selenia Sport Power, Total Ineo, Valvoline Synpower MST and Redline Euro and Ravenol RUP as TOP option.
Thank you very much for all this information. You are obviously extremely knowledgeable on the subject. I just have one more (I hope) question. I noticed on the tech data sheet for Ravenol VST, which is a A3/B4 oil, it states recommendation for Fiat 9.55535-GH2, which is spec’d as a C3 oil. Is it possible that it can be both A3 and C3?

Back