Feral Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have a growing population in MI, it is already open season for anyone with any license in any season to take them out . In a way I wish they were in the countys I hunt but then again NOT!
A group of guys I shoot bows with go to Texas every year for hogs and the storys they tell are crazy.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
hmmm. glad I live in the city. drug dealers and gangs are safer to be around than these things.

I'd invite you to Oakland and Richmond California. Many people got killed and injured because of stray bullets.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
hmmm. glad I live in the city. drug dealers and gangs are safer to be around than these things.

I'd invite you to Oakland and Richmond California. Many people got killed and injured because of stray bullets.

They need to teach them gun control.

Originally Posted By: bigmike

1)Use both hands
2)Hold the gun upright
3)Steady your aim
4)Fire
5)Repeat as necessary

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

1)Use both hands
2)Hold the gun upright
3)Steady your aim
4)Fire
5)Repeat as necessary

True ghetto style of shooting is holding the weapon sideways while also having your elbow bent and the firearm slightly above your head.

Also, you receive style points if, as you fire the gun, you slightly thrust the weapon toward your target in an attempt to increase the bullet speed.

However, this significant increase in style directly increases the inability in hitting the target.

Therefore, as greenaccord points out, proper control is necessary.

I'd add an addendum:

1a. Put down the 40.
1b. Use both hands to pull your pants up.

True ghetto style of shooting is holding the weapon sideways while also having your elbow bent and the firearm slightly above your head.

Also, you receive style points if, as you fire the gun, you slightly thrust the weapon toward your target in an attempt to increase the bullet speed.

However, this significant increase in style directly increases the inability in hitting the target.

Therefore, as greenaccord points out, proper control is necessary.

I'd add an addendum:

1a. Put down the 40.
1b. Use both hands to pull your pants up.

I'll also add, more style points if you say "BAM, BAM!" as you're firing.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
I saw about 3 hours of a very interesting TV show a while back called Hogs Gone Wild. It was about men that hunted and captured wild hogs [feral pigs in the USA], and if they got into danger they would stab the hog in the heart. If these things are so much of a nuisance and multiplying so much, why did they bother to tie them up and capture them to presumably release them somewhere else? I HATE these darn things. I'd like to see hunters put .44 Magnum slugs into the heads of these beasts.

Need to do that for Canadian Geese as well.

when we hunt hogs here in Fl I carry a Ruger Blackhawk and an old carbine of matching caliber.

One shot in the right place will drop them instantly.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
when we hunt hogs here in Fl I carry a Ruger Blackhawk and an old carbine of matching caliber.

What's a big Boar weigh? We raise a couple Tamworth neutered de-tusked boars every couple years and once they get over 250lbs I can't really see using dogs or anything else but guns or bows on them from a distance...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Which caliber? (just curious) - thanks, P

Out where I live in Alberta on a acreage the county gives $50 for a pair of ears. I would accept that as they are experiencing a problem with them. Never seen one myself though....

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Locally, "tabbies" have been caught weighing a lean 14Kg (30lb), the locals allegedly being age old Russian stock.

Cool...I want a 30 lb. cat.

I'd shoot a wild hog though. Even The Nature Conservancy advocates population control of feral pigs, including hunting them.

I'm not a hunter, I shoot trap and 1000 yard F-Class. I have nothing against hunting, I think hunting Feral Pigs is a good idea. From what I've seen and read they are a major problem, and it is only getting worse.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
You are talking about killing Bambi hogs!!!

LOL

As to how much they can weigh, 250lb is a good sized one, but they can get much bigger. Out near Llano, TX this year my dad reported seeing three of them that "looked like three volkswagons walking through the woods."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back