Feral cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Every serial killer started on animals...

That comment is UNcalled for.

These cats are serious pests, and are destructive, and bite.

When I trap the cats they are NOT abused in any way and their end is painless ,unlike the killers you mention above who torture their animal victims.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Kill the cats around here where I live and the authorities find out you will be in court.

Nope. If the cats are on private property the property owner can
eliminate the animal pest, whether it be a raccoon, squirrel,
dog, or cat, that applies even where you live. The
animal control folks will be pleased that they don't have to bother responding as they have their hands full to begin with.

Around here people shoot the feral cats that cause trouble, the ones that don't cause trouble are left alone. I like cats and my daughter has 3. all fixed.

Feral cats in my mother-in-laws neighborhood are so out of control, the entire block stinks of cat urine. It's become absolutely revolting.

To make matters worse, there is at least one house feeding all the cats.

I'm glad I don't live there.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Kill the cats around here where I live and the authorities find out you will be in court.

Nope. If the cats are on private property the property owner can
eliminate the animal pest, whether it be a raccoon, squirrel,
dog, or cat, that applies even where you live. The
animal control folks will be pleased that they don't have to bother responding as they have their hands full to begin with.

Sure, that's why we have a guy in court convicted BTW for shooting his own dog on his own property. And in regards to wild animals you better get a permit before dealing with them. Shoot a gun inside the town limits here and you will be in court, holds true even for a BB gun, bow & arrow, and slingshot.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Check out local rescue groups. Some will take kittens, and spay/neuter and release adults. The colony will then die out from lack of reproduction.

^^^This. Killing them won't help, you need to stop the reproduction.

John

This is the truest response in this thread.

And even if homes aren't found.. it is still a tough heartbreak, but they are put down "humanely."

I just saw a missing cat of mine.. Trying to lure her back home with food, hopefully later today or tomorrow she will remember the house she ran from, cats can be funny sometimes. But I would never say "Go kill cats." That's just messed up.

BTW: The missing cat Missy, is semi-feral.. True feral cats have deep feat of a human or any non-Catholic prrsense, semi-feral usually stay away most of the time but come out when it's time to get fed. It is just how she is.

Attempts to make her friendlier just made her stressed out so I gave it up. Maybe that's why she ran away. But she been living two houses up, so..

Sure, that's why we have a guy in court convicted BTW for shooting his own dog on his own property. And in regards to wild animals you better get a permit before dealing with them. Shoot a gun inside the town limits here and you will be in court, holds true even for a BB gun, bow & arrow, and slingshot.

Not where I'm at. If your animal is on my property, I have the right to do whatever I want to eliminate its presence. The animal owner is at fault for allowing it to run at large, and that includes cats as well if you don't realize it. Also for wild animals that are causing potential damage to property or person, we can destroy it.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Not where I'm at. If your animal is on my property, I have the right to do whatever I want to eliminate its presence. The animal owner is at fault for allowing it to run at large, and that includes cats as well if you don't realize it. Also for wild animals that are causing potential damage to property or person, we can destroy it.

Castle Doctrine? In CT?

I'm surprised that a New England states such as Connecticut has such a mess up you when it comes to life.

Are you SURE that what you are saying is true of animals? Aside from obvious rabies animals can you say with certainty that these cats pose a danger to the community at large? And can you legally own a firearm in your strict state of where you are at? (Just curious on the last question since you say terminate by any means)

Quote:

Castle Doctrine? In CT?

I'm surprised that a New England states such as Connecticut has such a mess up you when it comes to life.

Are you SURE that what you are saying is true of animals? Aside from obvious rabies animals can you say with certainty that these cats pose a danger to the community at large? And can you legally own a firearm in your strict state of where you are at? (Just curious on the last question since you say terminate by any means)

We are talking about animals, not people here.

My property is such that nobody is likely to hear a shot. When I trap, I use a quiet method to terminate the animal.

In the country. Hopefully a few farmers needs some barn cats. I took one of this colony in a few years ago and she's a sweetheart. Yes, I've been that tolerant, but the older neighbor died and a neighbor feeds them but nothing else. Our local animal shelter is going through a crisis right now {the director and her assistant were arrested for animal cruelty} and I know they wouldn't stand a chance there. I hate to 'relocate' them but I have been overrun by feral cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back