Favorite Album of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chipmunk Punk, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
A Night at Studio 54, various artists
In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy, Pat Boone
Death Magnetic, Metallica

There are too many good ones to just pick one...my favs in no particular order are:

Steve Miller Band Book of Dreams and Fly Like an Eagle

Boston's debut

ELO Out of the Blue

Beatles Sgt Pepper's

Rush 2112

Styx Grand Illusion

Foreigner's debut

Can't say I have an all time favorite. Depends on the mood. But here are some that I like:

The Velvet Underground

Pink Floyd Division Bell

Nirvana In Utero

The Sadies Story often told

The Cult - Love

The Deep Dark Woods - Winter Hours

You can get a good idea of people's age by their choices of music...as you can see, I'm an old head....

Rush - Moving Pictures.
I have listened to that album tens of thousands of times (bought it as a an album, 2 Cassette tapes (both wore out), and CD).
I never get tired of Tom Sayer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, Camera Eye, Witch Hunt and Vital Signs.
Love the live versions of these songs too.

blu beat me to it....Rush, Moving Pictures. As a drummer, wore out the LP trying to figure out what Neil is doing. Just never, ever get tired of that album.

I'm coming out of the closet! I like John Denver
lol.gif
10.gif
...especially the less commercial songs and what he did outside his singing career, despite his human flaws. Neglecting to address fuel levels in a plane? I also take quite a bit of ribbing while listening to the Beach Boys, but I tell everyone it's about appreciating Brian Wilson's creative abilities, not the stereotype beach girls surfing.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
lol.gif
10.gif
...especially the less commercial songs and what he did outside his singing career, despite his human flaws. Neglecting to address fuel levels in a plane? I also take quite a bit of ribbing while listening to the Beach Boys, but I tell everyone it's about appreciating Brian Wilson's creative abilities, not the stereotype beach girls surfing.

I like John Denver too!

I actually like a lot of folk and country and get some flak for it. But some of the non-commercial stuff is really good driving music. Lucinda Williams, Emmy Lou Harris, Tony Jo White.

Good for us. Here is my political statement of no consequence: Peace...to all old hippies.

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
lol.gif
10.gif
...especially the less commercial songs and what he did outside his singing career, despite his human flaws.

I like John Denver too!

Nothing at all wrong with John Denver. He was criticized for being too light and fluffy but the guy was a true talent and made some beautiful music. I can't listen to 'Sunshine on My Shoulders' without getting a little misty thinking about being a kid growing up in the 70's.

Barry Manilow is awesome also. He and other artists like him get very little respect nowadays which is unfortunate.

A varied list, depending on my mood:

Johnny Cash- At San Quentin
Jim Croce- Life and Times
Kraftwerk- Autobahn
Material Issue- International Pop Overthrow
John Prine- Bruised Orange
Warren Zevon- Stand in the Fire

Originally Posted By: abycat
AC/DC the razors edge. best band ever!

Lol! They only knew 3 chords....

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Pink Floyd the wall

Agreed! Wonderful album. IT takes top honors.

I also really, really like Pink Floyd Animals.

Another favorite is Alice in Chains, unplugged. AIC is my fav band ever, as I enjoy AIC's stuff in total, more than any other.

lol.gif
10.gif
Right on do it. I enjoy those myself. Also like the Eagles. "it's a girl my lord in a flatbed Ford(should have used flathead) slowing down to take a look at me." .How did they sound that good stoned out of their minds on who knows what?

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
lol.gif
10.gif
Right on do it. I enjoy those myself. Also like the Eagles. "it's a girl my lord in a flatbed Ford(should have used flathead) slowing down to take a look at me." .How did they sound that good stoned out of their minds on who knows what?

I have to admit I like a lot of stuff that many people would laugh at too. For instance, Olivia Newton John is one of my favorite all time female artists. She had some really good music. I also like Bread...I think Guitar Man is one of the best songs ever written...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back