Fmr. Buffalo Bills WR HOF'er Robbed in London

Jackson_Slugger

$50 Site Donor 2022

‘It’s a sad world.' Bills legend Andre Reed reacts to London hotel room being ransacked​

Marcia Greenwood
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

Buffalo Bills legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Andre Reed reported feeling “violated” after someone ransacked his London hotel room last week, stealing, among other valuables, his Hall of Fame ring.
Reed and his wife, Theresa Villano Reed, were in London for the Bills-Jaguars game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and events leading up to it. While Reed was at an appearance, someone entered the couple’s room and stole the ring, other jewelry, shoes, purses and the pair’s passports.
“UK police are on it but it’s a sad world,” Reed tweeted. “Emergency passports were acquired. Feeling unsafe & violated. Can’t even stay in hotels safely anymore. Need to be better people.”

Reed was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2014, was a seven-time Pro Bowler and was Jim Kelly’s go-to slot receiver.
His 951 career receptions (87 TDs) were third most all-time when he retired. Reed and Kelly combined for 663 of those receptions and the former Kutztown State receiver finished with 13,198 yards.

If this were California we’d have so many threads created . Point is bad things can happen everywhere but thankfully vast majority of time nothing happens.

If this were California we’d have so many threads created . Point is bad things can happen everywhere but thankfully vast majority of time nothing happens.

I agree to some extent, and being a local I can tell you that Reed isn't all that innocent and has done some crap things himself. But it does suck he had his HOF ring stolen, but there's a limited market for that and it'll probably turn up. But I mean there aren't CCTV cameras? What hotel was he at?

Of course, that's a wide swath and the "cesspool of urban murders" is overdone and in the good ol' days you were far more likely to have been victimized in a crime and in the post-colonial era of the United States (around 1800) I think it's something like the murder rate was 30X higher than it is today even in the worst inner cityscapes...

To clarify, not "30X higher" but the homicide rate in the American colonies in 1700 was 30 per 100,000. In 1800 it went down to 20. Today at its worst its less than 7 per 100K, and that is up from 4-5 per 100,000 a few years back....

Last edited:
Of course, that's a wide swath and the "cesspool of urban murders" is overdone and in the good ol' days you were far more likely to have been victimized in a crime and in the post-colonial era of the United States (around 1800) I think it's something like the murder rate was 30X higher than it is today even in the worst inner cityscapes...

To clarify, not "30X higher" but the homicide rate in the American colonies in 1700 was 30 per 100,000. In 1800 it went down to 20. Today at its worst its less than 7 per 100K, and that is up from 4-5 per 100,000 a few years back....
even that statistic is misleading... because if they mapped the shooting incidents by area, there are a few small areas nationwide with homicide rate that rival Mad Max beyond Thunderdome and a bunch of other areas with a zero homicide rate.

Back