Fast food fail...Church's Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the late 70's and early 80's Roger Staubach owned the Chruch's Franchise in Dallas. Back then it was some of the best chicken that I had ever eaten. Oh how times change.

Do any of you guys have Culver's in your area. They have really good broasted chicken.

Never heard of Culver's, although I know someone named Johnny Culver. Odd...

Popeye's biscuits...yes. When I was in high school, my weekly game preparation routine always partially consisted of buying and rapidly consuming exactly one dozen Popeye's biscuits.

Can never tell about Church's. I always stop at the one on I40 and the Muskogee Turnpike in OK. Wonderful spot. Others I've been to ... well they aren't so hot.

Now Culvers ... top shelf! Love 'em!

Johnny's right, times have changed. We used to have Church's chicken ever so often. That was 20 years ago.

Otter's is a small chain here that has great chicken strips, best from a 'fast' food joint I've ever had.

KFC
37.gif

Church's Chicken
37.gif

Popeye's Chicken
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Golden Checken
thumbsup2.gif

Of course, franchise locations vary greatly. While I love Popeye's, their order fulfillment process sucks.

Have you looked at the size of the chicken pieces you get? It's like they are raising midget chickens...

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Have you looked at the size of the chicken pieces you get? It's like they are raising midget chickens...

Migeons?

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
In Louisiana Raising Cane's is the place for chicken fingers. It's the sauce!

Best chicken fingers is from a small canadian franchise, called "Lick's". As someone who's tried everything under the sun, it's the only "fast food" I still look forward to sinking my teeth into.

Wow I've never seen a discussion on chicken get so in-depth.

Since we're naming off the GOOD ones.. here's some picks that you may or may not have in your area.

raising-canes-box-lg.jpg

Raising Cane's. Just get the #1 or whatever the classic meal is. Their sweet tea is spot on ALWAYS.

Also, Chicken Express, which I think is a southern franchise. Order a strips meal with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy, and you'll get 2 gravy cups. They've also got some unique sides like fried corn poppers, fried mushrooms, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back