Failured to Signal a Lane Change, Died Days Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
Please explain how a person following the law and using their Rights is disrespectful to law enforcement?
No one said you were being disrespectful by following the law. Where did you get that?

Possibly you didn't understand when we said "being" respectful is the smart move.

Last edited:
You need to keep up with the thread. grampi is demanding you answer police questions. Asserting your Right equals uncooperative A$$ or have something to hide.

Last edited:
I've never heard of the story being refuted. It's several years old. Your disagreement with it also has nothing to do with the bigger picture. A professional would have been able to handle that situation without incident. Inflated ego bully with "power" handles it differently.

I'm not saying it was refuted. I'm saying I'm skeptical about that story, and provided my justification as to why I'm skeptical.

Not every situation can be handled without incident. You can't say that "A professional would have...." A perfect person would have, but a professional, even with a great attitude, requires a good deal of luck. Police officers have firearms and other use of force tools because being professional isn't enough to handle things without incident. I don't recall saying that the police officer was anywhere near perfect nor that he handled the situation even remotely well. In fact, I stated how I would have handled it differently, by her leaving with a stack of tickets.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
He is a GOOD little boot licker!

Its name calling like this that gets threads shut down. You are getting out of line. Please stop with the name calling and lets keep this civil.

Please explain how a person following the law and using their Rights is disrespectful to law enforcement?

Okay, hypothetical here. You get pulled over for not signalling, or speeding, or not wearing your seatbelt, something trivial. Often, a police officer will ask you where you're headed, where you're coming from, or something innocuous. Or, they'll even ask you if you knew that you weren't signalling (or whatever). You are perfectly within your legal rights to say, "I'm not saying anything, because I don't have to, you horse's behind. Go bother some real criminals." That's not disrespectful, though?

You can come up with a million dialogs that in no way address the core question.

Here's the question once again: Please explain how a person following the law and using their Rights is disrespectful to law enforcement?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Benito
"Yes sir, no sir"

Sure, go ahead. Be subservient to the gubernment.

Yes sir, as Cartman would say......

.... And put that cigarette out otherwise I'll jerk you out and light you up. Very professional.

If a cop asks you a question you need to answer.
Starting an argument will get you nowhere but on the losing end.
If you disagree with the ticket just take it to court.
Trying to settle it on the side of the road is not smart.
I see that some here have a real problem with the police.
I have a great respect for them and I live in Texas.
Not obeying their orders is not smart.
You are much better off making the traffic stop as brief as possible

Interestingly, in the police blogs, it's generally accepted that it's impossible for an officer to give an unlawful order.

That's were we are today. We've become an Authoritarian society.

It seems that it's actually lawful for an officer to command you to stick your finger in your ear. If you do not comply, you can be arrested for disobeying a direct order. The charges will be dropped, but you cannot sue the officer, only the municipality.

Sad.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Okay, hypothetical here. You get pulled over for not signalling, or speeding, or not wearing your seatbelt, something trivial. Often, a police officer will ask you where you're headed, where you're coming from, or something innocuous. Or, they'll even ask you if you knew that you weren't signalling (or whatever). You are perfectly within your legal rights to say, "I'm not saying anything, because I don't have to, you horse's behind. Go bother some real criminals." That's not disrespectful, though?

"I'm not saying anything" - not disrespectful. Indeed enshrined in 5th amendment.

"because I don't have to" - could be educating the officer on the 5th amendment or stating that you understand your constitutional rights so don't waste my time trying to sweet talk me into searching my private property.

"you horse's behind" - disrespectful.

"Go bother some real criminals" - possibly a reasonable suggestion especially seeing that the police work for the taxpayer.

But the bigger question is, should the difference between being respectful by saying "sir" and not respectful (in the eyes of the officer) by not saying "sir" be the difference between life and death as grampi suggests:

Originally Posted By: grampi
being respectful to law enforcement...maybe you should learn the difference...maybe that will save your life one day...

And what if you say "sir" but the officer doesn't like the way you said it. What then?

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe this has already been pointed out.

The title of the tread should be: 'Failed to Signal a Lane Change, commits suicide days later.'

Quote:
a guard went to her cell to see if she wanted to get some exercise, and saw her hanging from a partition, a plastic trash can liner around her neck.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/death-sandra-bland-what-we-know-so-far-n396036

Do you believe a woman can hang herself with a plastic trash can liner ? How did she do that ?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
He is a GOOD little boot licker!

Its name calling like this that gets threads shut down. You are getting out of line. Please stop with the name calling and lets keep this civil.

So much for calling out someone for not being civil.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
She is out of the gene pool, i hope she did not have offspring.

Michael Brown was a 300lb 18 year old who attacked the police officer and tried to take his weapon after strong arm robbing a store. He was shot and killed while bull rushing the officer. The 'Justice Dept.' could not find him guilty despite every effort because the witnesses (who were black) supported the officer's version of events.

Michael Browns friend, who obviously LIED to a jury, was not charged let alone convicted of perjury.

Michael Brown's stepfather who screamed "Burn this MF down" while ARSONISTS burned Ferguson to the ground was not charged, let alone convicted for instigating a riot.

I have no doubt that both would have been charged if they were white.

Obviously sometimes it pays to be black in America today....

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Interestingly, in the police blogs, it's generally accepted that it's impossible for an officer to give an unlawful order.

That's were we are today. We've become an Authoritarian society.

It seems that it's actually lawful for an officer to command you to stick your finger in your ear. If you do not comply, you can be arrested for disobeying a direct order. The charges will be dropped, but you cannot sue the officer, only the municipality.

Sad.

And if you do not comply, you might simply be killed because the cop "feared for his life" and "thought you had a gun."

Originally Posted By: pbm
Michael Brown was a 300lb 18 year old who attacked the police officer and tried to take his weapon after strong arm robbing a store. He was shot and killed while bull rushing the officer. The 'Justice Dept.' could not find him guilty despite every effort because the witnesses (who were black) supported the officer's version of events.

Michael Browns friend, who obviously LIED to a jury, was not charged let alone convicted of perjury.

Michael Brown's stepfather who screamed "Burn this MF down" while ARSONISTS burned Ferguson to the ground was not charged, let alone convicted for instigating a riot.

I have no doubt that both would have been charged if they were white.

Obviously sometimes it pays to be black in America today....

....and I'm not even talking about the PREFERENCES given to minorities under the guise of 'affirmative action'.

Why do you think the blond haired, blue eyed, female Senator from Massachusetts claimed to be an American Indian while in college??? a total FRAUD by the way....

Here's the question once again: Please explain how a person following the law and using their Rights is disrespectful to law enforcement?

And here is the answer that you ignored (once again):

Originally Posted By: Al
No one said you were being disrespectful by following the law. Where did you get that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back