Failured to Signal a Lane Change, Died Days Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Al
[

I have been stopped 5 times in my life for various violations..Yes sir, no sir" got me off 3 times with nothing. One time I was given a "Failure to obey a lawfully posted sign" $75 dollar fine instead of $200 with points. and once when I was going 53 in a 35 I was written up for going 49...hug difference

Try it again being black.

Do you think it was FAIR that PO Darrin Wilson (of Ferguson, MO) had to give up his job under THREAT of violence for doing nothing wrong? (The Justice Dept. (which is full of biased minority 'affirmative action' law school lawyers) couldn't find enough evidence to prosecute him even though they wanted to so badly).

You all forget how wild it gets in here over a certain oil filter brand,,it is almost lethal ,IMHO. You know what happens sometimes.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
[

Are you black?

Do I have to be to stand up for black people?

Nope, just curious as to why that was your statement rather than saying something like "try not being white", which I think covers it a bit better than specifying a single race IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Al
[

I have been stopped 5 times in my life for various violations..Yes sir, no sir" got me off 3 times with nothing. One time I was given a "Failure to obey a lawfully posted sign" $75 dollar fine instead of $200 with points. and once when I was going 53 in a 35 I was written up for going 49...hug difference

How do you know the poster isn't? Or are you just profiling & stereotyping based on the poster stating they didn't get hassled by the man?

Just another case of respect my authority or else. No different than the actions of any other street gang.

I signal about half the time I change lanes, with police around or not, no problems. Have to start signalling more. Some cars have no turn signals, and I have yet to see one person using hand signals in 53 years of driving with a license. Except when I got the license we had to do hand signals back then.
In this case the road looked empty, she clearly said the officer sped up behind her on her tail and that's why she moved over. The officer is supposed to know how to make peace, that's what they are for. She wasn't excessive he could have reacted how he was trained to. The officer was out of line and not in control of himself. He shouldn't have even pulled her over. I feel very sorry for her and her family. Sounds like she was a religious woman and had a lot of problems. Poor woman. This thread should be pulled soon. Especially from some of the very bad things that were said about this poor soul.

I think that a white person with a bad attitude has just as much chance of having a problem with the police as anybody else....it's not always "because I'm black"....sometimes it's your ATTITUDE...

How about the cop that cut me a break was a Black officer (he was) But I see we have gone from All cops are bad. When in fact .00001% are but now we are playing the race card huh? "[White]Cops mainly Hate black people..right??" What about Black cops? How do they fit in this new paradigm?

Last edited:
Officers are trained to handle much more than this without saying I am going to light you up. He escalated it about the cigarette. Let her smoke who cares it was to be a warning notice. She didn't have to talk back about the cigarette, but it wasn't so bad that she did either. No one would pull me out for saying what she said. His attitude was definitely the problem more than hers as he is supposed to be the professional making peace. No signaling on a nearly empty road, when you come up behind me in a police car. Give me a break. God rest her soul, poor woman.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I think that a white person with a bad attitude has just as much chance of having a problem with the police as anybody else....it's not always "because I'm black"....sometimes it's your ATTITUDE...

Correct. This women from the get go was going to "show the man" by being obnoxious and obstinate, but the real last straw was when the
subject REFUSE a "lawful order" to exit the vehicle, just before that the trooper POLITELY asked her to put the cig out, and her attitude, and then repeated resisting the lawful order got her the reaction she wanted. I believe she was baiting the LO. But he still had to do his job, and he did just that. She has herself to blame for the results of the events.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
She is out of the gene pool, i hope she did not have offspring.

She added nothing of value to society, and more than likely caused much grief for others fellow citizens that had to put up with her
nonsense.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Early on this was escalated by both sides, from what I saw on the video. Common courtesy goes a long way and it never should have gotten that far.

How about this:

Trooper: "Please put out the cigarette."
Ms. Bland: "Oh, sorry it bothers you, I'll put it out."
Trooper: "Thank you, here is your warning, please use your signal in the future."
Ms. Bland: "I certainly will please have a good day."

/end video

Since when does a cop have the right to tell you to put out your cigarette in your own car?

It doesn't say much for Prairie View A&M that they granted her a college degree....hopefully it wasn't in English...

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Early on this was escalated by both sides, from what I saw on the video. Common courtesy goes a long way and it never should have gotten that far.

How about this:

Trooper: "Thank you, here is your warning, please use your signal in the future."

/end video

Since when does a cop have the right to tell you to put out your cigarette in your own car?

I would think he has a right not to have smoke blown in his face...after all smoking has been virtually banned in public because of other's rights...doesn't the police officer have those same rights?

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Correct. This women from the get go was going to "show the man" by being obnoxious and obstinate, but the real last straw was when the
subject REFUSE a "lawful order" to exit the vehicle, just before that the trooper POLITELY asked her to put the cig out, and her attitude, and then repeated resisting the lawful order got her the reaction she wanted. I believe she was baiting the LO. But he still had to do his job, and he did just that. She has herself to blame for the results of the events.

She might have been baiting the LEO, but he is a professional and she is a citizen that obviously wasn't mentally stable. Who do you put the burden of maintaining control of the situation on? And don't tell me the person that has the most power and can bully.

How about this:

/end video

I would think he has a right not to have smoke blown in his face...after all smoking has been virtually banned in public because of other's rights...doesn't the police officer have those same rights?

Seriously? He was outside the car. I think he can handle a couple second of smoke smell....until there is a law, the officer is on thin ice.

Last edited:

Seriously? He was outside the car. I think he can handle a couple second of smoke smell....until there is a law, the officer is on thin ice.

It wasn't a couple of seconds because the subject kept BSing the
trooper. He was polite about it too, again if she would have simply been civil, the chain of events would NEVER have occurred.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

She might have been baiting the LEO, but he is a professional and she is a citizen that obviously wasn't mentally stable. Who do you put the burden of maintaining control of the situation on? And don't tell me the person that has the most power and can bully.

The trooper is NOT a mental health professional, nor can they be expected to be. She was aware enough to realize she was mentally stressed, and should have KNOWN better than to drive when in that condition, again she is responsible for her situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back