Extreme Spark Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we've got spark plugs on the brain over here, any body every try these on anything. They look interesting, and a design that might actually do some benefit, but wanted to ask someone with more plug design experience than myself.

http://www.extremespark.com/

look like marketing hogwash to me... guys you have to look through the bullsheet to see the bull. stick with what comes with it.. its that simple

Well, I asked about a plug for my daughter's ATV, and they emailed me a quote for $12.50 for the plug, plus $7.00 shipping.
shocked.gif

That's why I wondered if this would really work, as I can go down to good 'ole Pep Boys or Advance Auto, and get an NGK iridium plug for around $7.00 with tax and all, and on an engine that's only 50cc in size, just how much more hundreths of a horsepower I'm I really going to see her get out of it?

I've been checking into some good gas (95 or 98 R+M/2 method octane rating) to help, based on the parts guys recommendation for the engine, so I just might go that route with an NGK, unless someone really thinks that this setup it legit and not bull----.
cheers.gif

i am sure someone here bought them or will buy them thinking its going to turn their car or truck into a hot rod machine hahahahaha.. man where is darwin when you need him

Some miracle plugs called Pulstar are in the process of being debunked in the tech section of the Corvette Forum. The manufacturer offered to run a forum members car on Pulstar's dyno. With two technically savy forum members there witnessing the tests, there was 0% gain from a $200 set of magic spark plugs.

Some more test will be run next week at a completely independent dyno facility. I don't expect the results to be any better, but we shall see. To Pulstar's credit, they put up instead of slinking away like the snake oil peddlers we get here do when challenged for real world data (Cermax). I don't think this is going to help Pulstar's busness though.

They use .090" and .120" gaps.
Increasing the gap on your stock plugs will do the same if you don't misfire [likely in certain conditions].

So in that case, even though the plug looks to be a surface fire design type, and even though it is a larger gap, as long as you have the voltage capability, wouldn't exposing the spark as such be any better? Or is this a case where they just say that to sell an expensive plug option.

I've pretty much decided against this plug for two reasons, no one really thinks that it is all that special or better, and two, with shipping, I cannot see spending $20 for one plug for my daughter's ATV, when I feel I can get the same results with an NGK iridium. I just was asking for information's sake.

Thanks for the honest opinions guys!
smile.gif

Looks real nice in the picture, but it begs the question what would the same view be if we added 10 or so atmospheres and fuel to the picture?

Marketing Hype.

My advice would be stick to the tried and true.

Quote:

Reverse phone their number on 411.com. It's listed as a family number, not a business number..
smirk.gif

Probably another van parked down by the river.
popcorn.gif

---- man, you made me smile. stop it. mean it. i can buy flowers out of the back of a van, you know. and they're good flowers, man. what? spark plugs are another thing? seriously? i'm depressed.

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back