Expedition problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he should have kept his priorities straight like we were telling him to do and not spend $469 on a battery, coil, distributor, plugs, and wires for the POS Honda. Could have spent that on getting the daily driver running. Sorry GHT but that's just plain stupid!

Only 1 quote? There's got to be 100 shops in your area that you can call up.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Not usually, as I like to keep them complete, as some fail in dramatic and spectacular ways (like the Seagate Cheatah 3.5" drives that are a few inches thick).

32.gif

i have to admit i'm bad: i just give my "guy" a couple of failed mices with the mention "get the kids to put an arrow trough the optical sensor". it's round isn't it? [/OT]

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I don't want to see you fail, but you keep following the same pattern. You ignore good advice. You ignore cheap problems until they become expensive problems. You spend money on things that don't solve your problems. I could not afford that approach.

to this day, I still don't know how you and VolvoHead found the patience....
32.gif
Astro comes from Jetson's family kid or your passion for astrophysics....?
[/OT]

Originally Posted By: pandus13
I don't want to see you fail, but you keep following the same pattern. You ignore good advice. You ignore cheap problems until they become expensive problems. You spend money on things that don't solve your problems. I could not afford that approach.

32.gif
[/OT]

I do have a passion for astrophysics. It was my college major. But navy pilots get call signs for a variety of reasons and I am certain that the Jetson's dog is why the name stuck...

***have not read any replies since 12PM.***

SINCE 12PM:
- Bought 8 quarts oil, 5w-20 conventional (whatever was on sale)
- 8 AUTOLITE AAP103 Double Platinum plugs
- a new Purolator oil filter
- Dielectric grease.

Engine is getting rebuilt for $450.Condition: Will not knock upon return.

Let us go to a vid...

Getting rebuilt tonight.

You are not rebuilding a 5.4L Ford for $450.00 dude, and why did you buy oil and a filter? Isn't the mileage on the current Royal Purple extremely low?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
My prediction is he doesn't have the money to get it fixed because he just spent $469 ordering parts for the Honda two days ago.

1. That was $227 due to things they didn't have.
2. I got paid today.
3. Two jobs..
4. Engine rebuild $450.

You are not rebuilding a 5.4L Ford for $450.00 dude, and why did you buy oil and a filter? Isn't the mileage on the current Royal Purple extremely low?

Though:

1. Yes, RP oil and filter.. ~5000 miles
2. you are right.. someone else is. "Cubans"

.. my concern is that it was due for a change anyways, due to all the crud and lack of OC. I also helped it with MMO and Seafoam.

32.gif
[/OT]

I do have a passion for astrophysics. It was my college major. But navy pilots get call signs for a variety of reasons and I am certain that the Jetson's dog is why the name stuck...

IIRC..... Volvohead did, in fact, give up (on the 2000 V70 XC AWD.)

I do hope that, by Volvo #3, we can have reversed the polarity.

You put MMO and Seafoam into the oil? Into a 20-weight oil, in an engine that called for a 30? And you thought this was a good idea?

And no, you are not getting a proper rebuild for $450.00. You might be getting a rod bearing rolled into it for that.

Good luck, I'm out.

You put MMO and Seafoam into the oil? Into a 20-weight oil, in an engine that called for a 30? And you thought this was a good idea?

And no, you are not getting a proper rebuild for $450.00. You might be getting a rod bearing rolled into it for that.

Good luck, I'm out.

Engine specs 20-weight. You know that!

This reeks of the Volvo saga all over again. Sound advice dismissed, the continued use of a vehicle in dire need of mechanical attention and then eventual failure due to blatant negligence.

Overkill, i think is that time again when you need to shoot HDD's...

Yup, I've got 50 rounds of Hornady 225gr InterBond going down the barrel this weekend into some drives, at least that's the plan.
thumbsup2.gif

The Volvo was fine

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Quoted $450.00 for what,

Maybe it's what they're offering him to take this menace off his hands.
smile.gif

Full rebuild. $2000 worth of work.

Catching up, people..

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
I will use this "engine rebuild" contact for this vehicle.

Needs more synthetic oil and another run of seafoam. MMO should not hurt either. Lucas oil stabilizer maybe?

It needs spiders, FPR checked, fuel pressure checked, fuel pump checked... Compression test, head gasket "sniffer" test, Rear Main Seal, and timing. Maybe a 4L60-4L60-E rebuild. Not sure on that last one.

Bored, stroked, honed would be nice... but I will settle for a rebuild.

You've got how many broken money pits now? Three? The Expedition, Civic, and a Blazer?

You seem intent on being broke forever and just pouring money into unreliable trash. Stop. Get rid of that junk, all of it. Buy a low mileage Corolla with a known maintenance history, or better yet use public transportation until you can get a decent vehicle.

You could have already purchased something reliable with the thousands of dollars we've seen you throw at trash cars. That Volvo wasn't free. It cost you a lot of money in repairs and towing fees to basically rent and destroy it. Your financial decisions are self-destructive.

Until you've changed your behavior, it won't matter how many hourly jobs you'll have, because you'll just be throwing away your money at a faster rate. You need to find a mentor or counselor; someone you trust who can teach you about personal finances and help you come up with a solid plan. You've got to break this cycle of behavior if you ever want to improve your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back