Expedition problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Please, remember, that I am "special."

You should seriously put that line in your signature. Some of us forget.

You got good advice in this thread. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3619442/Re:_P0304_CYLINDER_4_MISFIRE_I#Post3619442

I don't want to see you fail, but you keep following the same pattern. You ignore good advice. You ignore cheap problems until they become expensive problems. You spend money on things that don't solve your problems. I could not afford that approach.

Too expensive.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
You got good advice in this thread. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3619442/Re:_P0304_CYLINDER_4_MISFIRE_I#Post3619442

I don't want to see you fail, but you keep following the same pattern. You ignore good advice. You ignore cheap problems until they become expensive problems. You spend money on things that don't solve your problems. I could not afford that approach.

Too expensive.

Quattro brings up a good point, in the above post.'prone truly is "special".

Please, remember, that I am "special."

WOW!
35.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
This reeks of the Volvo saga all over again. Sound advice dismissed, the continued use of a vehicle in dire need of mechanical attention and then eventual failure due to blatant negligence.

Overkill, i think is that time again when you need to shoot HDD's...

Originally Posted By: pandus13
This reeks of the Volvo saga all over again. Sound advice dismissed, the continued use of a vehicle in dire need of mechanical attention and then eventual failure due to blatant negligence.

Yup, I've got 50 rounds of Hornady 225gr InterBond going down the barrel this weekend into some drives, at least that's the plan.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't see how it could be a piston.

The plug is definitely fouled from running with a bad coil.

You may have destroyed a rod bearing from driving so long like that. Or killed the converter.

Or did they strip it when trying to remove the plug?

Ok.....

Ok.

Question: IS it gonna be a piston issue?

Just got quoted $450.

Only if you destroyed one of the hypereutectic pistons by driving it non-stop with a baffed coil.

More likely, it is a rod bearing if it isn't the plug being loose or a cracked manifold.

Quoted $450.00 for what, changing the plugs and coil or? Could you possibly be more vague?

Ok.....

Ok.

Just got quoted $450.

How would anyone here know?

You can replace the plug and coil and hope for the best.

Or you can have the truck diagnosed by a reputable shop and find out if it's internal engine, exhaust leak, or plug related. That will cost money, but you will have your answer.

$450 sounds like they are quoting you for thread repair on that one spark plug hole. They are not doing the Ford-approved Lock-N-Stitch repair at that price. Probably just a Heli-Coil from the parts store. It may last, it may not.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Ok.....

Ok.

Just got quoted $450.

How would anyone here know?

You can replace the plug and coil and hope for the best.

Or you can have the truck diagnosed by a reputable shop and find out if it's internal engine, exhaust leak, or plug related. That will cost money, but you will have your answer.

$450 sounds like they are quoting you for thread repair on that one spark plug hole. They are not doing the Ford-approved Lock-N-Stitch repair at that price. Probably just a Heli-Coil from the parts store. It may last, it may not.

Actually, I had mine done for less than $450.00 at the local Ford dealer IIRC. They brought in a Mobile Machine Shop (run by one of the local machine shops) that does the Lock-N-Stitch repair. The dealer had everything out of the way, and they came and used the tool that reams, threads, installs and then pins the insert. Then the dealer put it back together.

I was surprised at how reasonable the price was.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Quoted $450.00 for what,

Maybe it's what they're offering him to take this menace off his hands.
smile.gif

LOL!

Yup, I've got 50 rounds of Hornady 225gr InterBond going down the barrel this weekend into some drives, at least that's the plan.
thumbsup2.gif

overkill -- PLEASE tell me that you're NOT going to NJ to shoot 'prone ! what would we do here for laughs? remember -- he's "special".
take a few deep breaths, and mellow out.you'll be o.k.

Originally Posted By: yeti

thumbsup2.gif

overkill -- PLEASE tell me that you're NOT going to NJ to shoot 'prone ! what would we do here for laughs? remember -- he's "special".
take a few deep breaths, and mellow out.you'll be o.k.

That's the point of shooting the hard drives! Fantastic stress relief
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Do you take out the magnets from HDD before shooting them? I could use few :)

Not usually, as I like to keep them complete, as some fail in dramatic and spectacular ways (like the Seagate Cheatah 3.5" drives that are a few inches thick).

I hit one dead in the spindle the last time I was shooting them and it literally exploded with flames and shrapnel, it was incredible, by far the most impressive of any of the ones I've shot
smile.gif

My prediction is he doesn't have the money to get it fixed because he just spent $469 ordering parts for the Honda two days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back