EVERYTHING you eat is bad for you.....

I have always just eaten what I like. It has worked for 75 years. My Dad always had a box of cheez-it's by the bed for a snack. He had a heart attack in his late 80's and Mom blamed it on the cheez-its. He passed at 99. Mom passed at 101 so guess she didn't eat as many snacks. Just enjoy life and as buster says, everything in moderation.
I can certainly understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.
But the average life expectancy is about 80 years, much of life’s challenges for many who wish to have a long healthy quality of life is overcoming environmental and genetic maladies, that alone determines life span and or quality of life until death.

Some people beat the system with just the right mix of genes playing a perfect role for the rest of us nutrition can and does play a key role in delaying the onset of family health issues and even in families without those issues prevent genetic damage from unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits.
Most simple example is excessive drinking and smoking, food is more insidious, a slow process breaking down your health.

I would like to think I am living proof of my statement, (so far anyway)
Im the only male on my side of the family that at my age so far has not had multiple heart attacks, coronary by-pass surgeries, stents, diabetes or death by heart attack. The family history is a grim one, they all die from what I mentioned, dad died in his driveway at 69 years old. Decades later, another family member same aliments but modern technology has prevented him from dying even this year at least two times, other than that he does live a quality life but the day will come when that wont be enough.
Fast forward to me, where the others have for decades had these aliments before my current age, I still to not have diabetes, I do have just diagnosed in 2021 heart disease though minimum blockage, so little it would not show up on a nuclear stress test. A nuclear stress test will only show blockages and plaque once it reaches 60 to 70% blockage.

Because of family history, I had the gold standard performed. A cardiac angiogram. They insert wires through your arteries and inject dye near your heart, monitors in the room show your veins and how clear they are, its REALLY awesome, you are awake but drugged, I still remember at one point seeing the wall of monitors and the veins around my heart what seemed like dangling in midair unattached to my heart, this will show plaque and blockages up to as little as 20%. If they saw anything much greater during the procedure they can right then and there open it up and install a stent.

Ok, to cut to the chase. It seems I have the same bad genes but I did one thing different than the others. I REALLY try to eat well, tons of fruits, fish 3 times a week, lean meats all the time, I limit everything bad that I can and I try to stay at my BMI. This is something none of the others have ever done and I would like to think I am living proof that with proper diet you can delay possibly until you die of another cause besides family history by eating properly. IT REALLY is a challenge, I look at it almost like a sport now. I know I have plaque up to 20% in my heart views, that is considered nothing, every other test on my heart is very strong, I recently had an ablation but that was to correct a electrical issue with the heart timing which can affect up to 50% of the population at some point and has nothing to do with the plumbing side.
I just had it done a month ago, no longer need to take heart rhythm drug, still go to intense workouts at the gym, in fact hit a record for me and my age just a few days ago, I peaked my heart rate in the 60 minute class at 177 BPM with no discomfort. Many of my workouts I run my heart at 140 to 160 BPM for up to 45 minutes our of the 60 minute class.

I too have a mother in law who can eat anything, getting close to 100 years old and you would think she is in her 70s or early 80s... but something was different back then and to many even now. They do not eat processed foods, they actually cook their own.

Last edited:
Just realize what is in the atmosphere that we breath on a daily basis. Let alone what comes down when it rains also. Funny thing is -- you have to eat, breath and drink to survive.
I've met some Breatharians in my time ... interesting concept.

However, today we have another issue. High indoor CO2. Well sealed buildings, coupled with electric heat, stoves and cooktops means there is often no exchange of air from outside to inside. Remember, combustion heaters require airflow and often exhaust out and above a dwelling or business (but not always). Indoor CO2 levels climb over time to levels high enough to affect thinking, at or above about 1000PPM.

Mechanical codes have required fresh air intakes in commercial buildings for decades.

Within the last decade or so, they're required for residential buildings too.

Or it would certainly appear to from this list. https://za.investing.com/magazine/common-everyday-foods-bad-for-your-health/article/172396 Salad, nuts, sweet potatos, even water is unhealthy.
Majority of the list are just snacks, not real meals.

Processed refried beans are high in sodium and saturated fat
Low to none risk.
PFAS chemicals,
High risk , "forever chemicals" in your body.
sunflower seeds were traceable as a source of “toxic mold,”
Every seed oils have too much unsaturated fats. These have bad oxidative effects, go rancid fast.
canned tuna may contain mercury
Any sea meat is risky. It gets really bad in upper food chain.
fried chicken? The simple fact that it is fried in oil
See plant oils above. Risk decreases if animal fats used instead.
Flour tortillas, White Pasta
Even if you don't have pain from gluten,it does attack intestinal wall. It has anti nutrients, which prohibit getting vitamins, minerals fromfood.
Yogurt cups aimed at kids are largely made up of sugar, fat, and artificial colorants
Can't disagree. There's more plastic than the yoghurt content:D
I buy 1kg plain yoghurt and put in own fruit mix.
Granola bars. Fruit flavored cereals, Energy Drinks, Fruit Juice,
Often sugar laden too. Even a bare cereals spike insulin, and fiber gives zero benefits also true for intestine problem patients.
artificially-flavored coffee creamers
Oh the chemistry.....
frozen vegetables,strawberry.....pesticides
Better than nothing, in the winter time can't argue much.. or grow own, without spraying.
Margarine
I avoid it like tuberculosis
cashews toxin
Expensive, no interest.
Pork rinds are high in saturated fat, sodium, and calories
Low risk for active people, and much better than potato chips fried on oil.
Caramel Popcorn,
Sugar.. risky. No grease paper packaging? PFAS
potato chips , Spicy Corn Chips
I avoid. Hungry? Make mash potatoes. But not instant one..
chocolate milk, Donuts,Peanut Butter,Creme Eggs,
Liquid chocolate health effect..
Prepackaged Hamburgers, meat of questionable origin...Sausages, Hot Dogs
High risk. Often bad meat has been chemically processed, and/or minced, and placed in marinades/herbs to cover smell.
Alkaline Water. Mineral water
I'd be more concerned about microplastic from bottles..
Salt raises blood pressure
BS. Very old lie.
American cheese, have vegetable oils, trans fats, flavorings, and preservatives. Commercial Salad Dressings, Low-Carb Bars, Instant Ramen
Processed foods crap. A huge category..high risk
A lot of meat on the market today contains pesticides that are consumed by the animals.
Local farmers to our rescue. Producing meat on huge scale is always risky.
Veggie Burgers,fake meat , Impossible Burger
Chemical crap. I've heard dead lab rats didn't like it.

Last edited:
I have always just eaten what I like. It has worked for 75 years. My Dad always had a box of cheez-it's by the bed for a snack. He had a heart attack in his late 80's and Mom blamed it on the cheez-its. He passed at 99. Mom passed at 101 so guess she didn't eat as many snacks. Just enjoy life and as buster says, everything in moderation.
Including moderation...

Or it would certainly appear to from this list. https://za.investing.com/magazine/common-everyday-foods-bad-for-your-health/article/172396 Salad, nuts, sweet potatos, even water is unhealthy.

Saying "everything is bad for you" is a negative attitude, throw in the towel, knee jerk reaction, IMHO.
For one thing, you took this info from an investing website.
Another thing, most things on this list are prcessed foods.
Eating all whole foods is one step anyone can improve their health is by quitting processed foods.
You can either rebuild your health or tear it down it, by what you eat, and by all means, believe what you want to believe.
You are what you think and what you ate.
And thoughts become words, and words become actions, and actions become habits.

Last edited:
Back