EVERYTHING you eat is bad for you.....

The minute your born something in this world is trying to kill you, but the overriding thing I got from that story is the food was fine but the processing and anything in excess is bad for you.

ah yes, the margarine, and such.

Cant relate, I only eat raw eggs, spinach, and raw flour.
Just don't die from e. coli otherwise you will ruin my statistics.

Carrots will kill you, too. A study of 19th century individuals who consumed carrots confirms a 100% fatality rate.
I have a cousin who, when she was around 12, loved raw carrots as her favorite snack. I used to call her Bugs Bunny. Her mother thought carrots were healthy, so, why not?
And then her skin turned yellow. Really. She stopped the carrots, and it took many weeks for the yellow to fade.

Most people forget the fact that digestion changes food into compounds we can use. That's how we can eat so many different things without difficulty.

Just realize what is in the atmosphere that we breath on a daily basis. Let alone what comes down when it rains also. Funny thing is -- you have to eat, breath and drink to survive.

Just realize what is in the atmosphere that we breath on a daily basis. Let alone what comes down when it rains also. Funny thing is -- you have to eat, breath and drink to survive.
In the parts of the US where the majority of people live, air quality is vastly cleaner than in the past. Wood smoke, candles, kerosene lamps, home coal burning, etc. made indoor and outdoor air quality in towns and cities way worse than today.

In the parts of the US where the majority of people live, air quality is vastly cleaner than in the past. Wood smoke, candles, kerosene lamps, home coal burning, etc. made indoor and outdoor air quality in towns and cities way worse than today.

That is very true. Including the fact that many people smoked inside homes, businesses and restaurants.

However, today we have another issue. High indoor CO2. Well sealed buildings, coupled with electric heat, stoves and cooktops means there is often no exchange of air from outside to inside. Remember, combustion heaters require airflow and often exhaust out and above a dwelling or business (but not always). Indoor CO2 levels climb over time to levels high enough to affect thinking, at or above about 1000PPM.

I have always just eaten what I like. It has worked for 75 years. My Dad always had a box of cheez-it's by the bed for a snack. He had a heart attack in his late 80's and Mom blamed it on the cheez-its. He passed at 99. Mom passed at 101 so guess she didn't eat as many snacks. Just enjoy life and as buster says, everything in moderation.

Back