Every oil is "excellent"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMB

This is not intended to start any arguments, but I really must know something....

Every thread I have read on this board has praised every brand of oil on the planet. Some oils are obviously better than others, right? So why does no one say ANYTHING bad about any oils?

I mean certain oils would obviously be better for certain applications over others, right? I am just a little disappointed with the info on here as everyone totes it as the best site for oil info on the web, but everyone here seems to say the same thing, they are all "excellent"...

Again, not trying to start anything, just trying to understand...

M1 HM > MaxLife HM > SuperTech HM >= Castrol HM

Having used them all. But I still can't say Castrol HM is a bad oil. (the above based on start-up smoke levels over the duration of an OCI in a 1988 Mazda 323. The spectrum goes from essentially non-existent start-up smoke with M1 HM to frequently noticing it with Castrol HM.)

Last edited:
If an oil carries the rating(s) required by your engine manufacturer, it will perform in an "excellent" manner, regardless of oil brand.

Only when oils are used in applications where they were not intended, or when there is a pre-existing engine problem, do oils not perform "Excellently". Is that a word?

most sm oils of today are 'excellent' some perform better in certain applications than others.

Some people have had good experiences with some oils, others have used the same oil and had a not so good experience with it.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
Royal Purple sucks!!!!!!

Hows that?

Well... A reason would be nice!
LOL.gif

marginal performer, way over priced. PP can be had for cheaper and give way better results!

Bring it on NHsilverado and anybody else!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CMB

Every thread I have read on this board has praised every brand of oil on the planet. Some oils are obviously better than others, right? So why does no one say ANYTHING bad about any oils?

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
ROYAL PURPLE!!!!
15.gif
15.gif

Last edited:
Let's have a group hug and a sing along Ray Stevens style

Every oil is beautiful in its own way ....

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
marginal performer, way over priced. PP can be had for cheaper and give way better results!

Bring it on NHsilverado and anybody else!

Such a scrappy fellow.
LOL.gif

I feel the need to use Royal Purple just because 02zx9r is so adamant about it's inferiority..........maybe he's sandbagging us and wants to hoard it all........
24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back