Engine Guard II filter + Restore & LM MoS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Phishin
But ARCO claimed his filter was plugged immediately in his Honda Fit after adding a can of LM MoS2. Yet, he's the only one that has ever claimed that on here.

Hmmmm......

Funny you should bring that up. I have called him on his ever changing wild story numerous times, most recently he admitted he had only added 1/3 of a can! Some potent stuff that MoS2!
laugh.gif

I was in a hurry last night....I think I understand it better now....

There is another ADBV valve at the top of the can, and there is a "leaf" spring under the rubber valve, right?

In your 1st post you said:

This oil filter was run for 5k miles with Napa All Fleet conventional 15w40 in my 1990 Chevy K1500.

That means this oil filter probably doesn't have a bypass valve ... only an ADBV (black rubber thing). Most GM V8s have the filter bypass valve built into the engine block. The filter bypass valve and the ADBV are two entirely different things and are designed to do two independent functions.

The metal "leaf spring" in the dome end of the filter is designed to keep al the guts of the filter tight inside the can, and the base end of the media cartridge assy tight against the base plate of the filter.

The rubber ADBV seals around the center core of the media assy, and it simply flexes and uncovers the inlet holes in the base of the filter when oil flow goes through those holes and pushed (flexes) the rubber ADBV to the oil can enter the filter and then go through the media and out the large center hole in the base of the filter on it's way to the engine's oiling system.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
But ARCO claimed his filter was plugged immediately in his Honda Fit after adding a can of LM MoS2. Yet, he's the only one that has ever claimed that on here.

Hmmmm......

Funny you should bring that up. I have called him on his ever changing wild story numerous times, most recently he admitted he had only added 1/3 of a can! Some potent stuff that MoS2!
laugh.gif

Maybe he's using some other kind of "potent stuff".
lol.gif

But ARCO claimed his filter was plugged immediately in his Honda Fit after adding a can of LM MoS2. Yet, he's the only one that has ever claimed that on here....

Would that be the same poster that had two '2 engines fail on 5w-20 the first DAY of ownership'? http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...48#Post2092048. And had to remove the highly regarded Fram Xtended Guard after only 4 days of use? http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1955213&page=1

Quote:
That filter could have been used for 6 more OCIs....

Nah, the OP's Mighty is spent. However below is a pic of a distant cousin of the Mighty, the BD+, that went two oci's for 13.5k mi. total in 20 months, in this thread. Not too shabby imo.
BD3323NG725002.jpg

Just for a quick update.....I'm going to assume that there is a substantial particle size range for the silver, copper, and lead in the Restore. So, since I just added a new dose of Restore with a fresh OC, I thought I'd run the truck for a few hundred miles and the let the filter catch the big particles and then swap out the filter, hoping there is a significant amount of silver, copper, and lead that will continue to pass through the filter, and still provide me with the results that I like from the product.

When I remove the filter, I'll be cutting it back open and posting pics here.....

Just for a quick update.....I'm going to assume that there is a substantial particle size range for the silver, copper, and lead in the Restore. So, since I just added a new dose of Restore with a fresh OC, I thought I'd run the truck for a few hundred miles and the let the filter catch the big particles and then swap out the filter, hoping there is a significant amount of silver, copper, and lead that will continue to pass through the filter, and still provide me with the results that I like from the product.

When I remove the filter, I'll be cutting it back open and posting pics here.....

Interesting idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back