End of ad-free Youtube on Brave?

Just noticed in the last few days that some Youtubes are running with ads you can't delete for five seconds. You used to be able to watch them ad-free on Brave until now. Anybody else notice this?

Well, I'm having problems now. Get the usual email from bitog about a post,

bitog.jpg

When I click on the View this thread button, I get this,

ublock.jpg

There is what I call a "learning period" with Ublock origin.. you have to go through each site you visit and train it what you want to see.. See the "don't warn me again about this site" checkbox? Check it and it will ignore anything BITOG will show you..

With YouTube adblock you have to constantly change to another adblocker to keep with one effective. The best option even though I'm not too happy with the last price increase to not be a cheapskate and just pay for Premium. I hate ads with a passion and I watch more YouTube than any other service so I pay for it.

YouTube/Google is rolling out ways to block ad blockers.

I watch/listen to A LOT of YouTube, so I broke down and got premium… most of the “watch” time is me just not turning off the screen while at work. Also helps out the creators I watch far more (allegedly, from what I’ve read online) than sitting through ads or outright blocking them.

IMG_8176.jpeg

Just noticed in the last few days that some Youtubes are running with ads you can't delete for five seconds. You used to be able to watch them ad-free on Brave until now. Anybody else notice this?
That's why I haven't updated Brave since it was first mentioned many many months ago that they might lose the ability to block YouTube ads. Of course when your setting up a new device you'll need to sideload an older version.. but no biggie if you get a little creative 😉

Although I haven't watched a YouTube video on Brave in the last few days... maybe my older versions getting ads too now?

I just checked.. still no ads 👍 Go find yourself an older version of Brave 😉

When I click on the View this thread button, I get this,
There is tracking involved whenever you click on a link from an email like that, among MANY other circumstances. It's nice to be able to measure how effective your services (like notifying memebers of a message forum) are and seeing how many people actually click on email notifications they've subscribed to is valuable data... But tracking is tracking, and uBlock Origin is going to protect you from that.

If you clicked on something that you know is safe (e.g. the BITOG notification link; or maybe a referral link from a web page about The 10 Best Coolers For Your Next Summer Adventure that sends you to the Amazon product page of a product they've highlighted) you can just click the box "Don't warn me again about this site" and click "Proceed".

As a web developer, I handle mass emails for a handful of non-profit organizations. (Usually it is periodic newsletters or a mailing list for donors, etc.) In order to avoid being flagged as spam people usually use a mass emailing platform like MailChimp, MailerLite, etc. Those services make each link that I insert into the email unique to you as a recipient (e.g. a link to bobistheoilguy.com in the email may actually link to their-tracking-service.com/?=bobistheoilguy.com;id=some-absurdly-long-string-of-gobbledegook with "some-absurdly-long-string-of-gobbledegook" being unique to you as a recipient). I can then tell, in this, case whether you clicked the link or not. This is helpful to me because if I sent out some Awesome News about a new thing at bobistheoilguy.com and NO ONE clicked it, I obviously need to re-evaluate my messaging tactics. A lot of tracking has to do with the people trying to get your attention and lead you to action refining their methods by way of the analytics data generated from the tracking.

YouTube/Google is rolling out ways to block ad blockers.

I watch/listen to A LOT of YouTube, so I broke down and got premium… most of the “watch” time is me just not turning off the screen while at work. Also helps out the creators I watch far more (allegedly, from what I’ve read online) than sitting through ads or outright blocking them.

Same here, it's the only streaming service I really use and it's well worth paying for Premium.

Back