Effects Of Lucas Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently read your article on the Lucas Additive. I was quite suprised by the outcome. I will be honest, the last oil change (approx 1200 miles ago) I added 1 1/5 quarts to my engine. The engine in question runs Delo 400 15w40 is a highly modified Cummins Engine in a 92 Dodge. After running the 1200 miles on the Lucas additive, I have not seen any foaming taking place on the dipstick. The oil is the same color as well.
Have I already done damage to my engine? With torque at the rear wheels reaching over 700 ft lbs and over 200k on the engine, I thought this would be a good product to install. Everyone I have talked to swears by it.

BTW: has anyone tried to contact Lucas to get there side of the story?

Anyone
confused.gif

M-
I think the influx of DTR guys scared 'em off. I just think about all them gears whirling away under the timing cover and it makes me nervous after seeing the foam that stuff can make. I'd take it out on the highway and run it hard, then pull over and check the dipstick while it's still running. If you want, I'll do the same with the virgin Delvac 1300 that's in mine to see if it's foamy at all. DG

Guys, this demo wasn't to point how lucas is bad and no where am I stating that, but to show that adding additives have affects on an oil buy imbalancing the amount of base oil to additive ratio, and how some can cause clashes/trouble. Some additives are more pronouced than others that may have oxidation affects that is only known by analysis. This additive could be one, and if you really want to see how it helps, do analysis on your oil with the lucas and lets see with lab results just how well it is helping your engine/oil. Now that would be more benifitial to showing and proving lucas's potential, for you and everyone else if that's what you're asking.

To answer your question about a lucas rep, we do have someone that has a lucas email address reg'd on our forum and in no way would we not allow them or anyone else to prove their case. That's why the forum, and we really like having reps to explain what we see/have.

I know your not bashing lucas, that wasnt why I posted. I am by no means backing there claim. However, I like to hear from both sides of a party during a debate or test. This gets everything out in the open and gives the other party a chance to improve there products if need be. I emailed Lucas but have yet to hear back from them. Either way, I feel that the test is good enough for me to take the stuff out, especially if they dont care enough about there customers to respond to there emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back