Ebola Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another common failing of conspiracy theorist types is that they simultaneously believe the government is incompetent yet meticulously plan and execute complex plans to further some reptilian agenda.

I don't feel that the argument that the common is more deadly holds a lot of water here...

True, the common flu kills way more people than ebola has so far- but as I have said before, the flu itself doesn't typically kill anyone (provided they don't already have a compromised immune system)- it's the secondary infections. Also, the common flu, being common, is world wide. Ebola isn't yet, so of course the mortality numbers don't compare.

Lifted from a wiki article:

Quote:
Influenza's effects are much more severe and last longer than those of the common cold. Most people will recover completely in about one to two weeks, but others will develop life-threatening complications (such as pneumonia). Thus, influenza can be deadly, especially for the weak, young and old, or chronically ill.[56] People with a weak immune system, such as people with advanced HIV infection or transplant patients (whose immune systems are medically suppressed to prevent transplant organ rejection), suffer from particularly severe disease.[134] Pregnant women and young children are also at a high risk for complications.[135]

The flu can worsen chronic health problems. People with emphysema, chronic bronchitis or asthma may experience shortness of breath while they have the flu, and influenza may cause worsening of coronary heart disease or congestive heart failure.[136] Smoking is another risk factor associated with more serious disease and increased mortality from influenza.

Seeing a trend here?

Now from what I can tell, ebola isn't as picky about who lives and who dies. Of course the weak are less likely to survive, but with a mortality rate of 50% to 90%- (and yes healthy people from first world nations have died from it) I'd prefer to take my chances with the flu.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Yet, if travel were banned and more quarantines enforced by armed guard, you'd be telling us the other story, right?
wink.gif

HA
grin2.gif

Attention geniuses....

If they would have been banning flights to the US far before this time from hot spots and quarantining passengers arriving into the US, protecting our borders we likely wouldn't have this problem.

Unless you are a US citizen already within our borders it doesn't matter. The actual job of OUR government (if we had a legit one) is to defend and protect the borders, and that includes infected alien travelers with deadly viruses. As long as our country is protected from this plague, I'm not concerned about other countries they have to take care of themselves, sure we can offer help, but those that want to risk their lives must suffer the consequences.

The Constitutional Rights we as US citizens are guaranteed begin and end at our borders, or in the case of planes at immigration checks at airports. So yes, if you are arriving from outside the USA you have NO Constitutional Rights until you are granted premission to enter the country, that even applies to US citizens arriving from outside the country.

Oh, and who said that the "window dressing" are running the show anyhow? LOL

Listening to that weasel at the CDC Tom Freiden talk about "right of return" for potentially infected Africans to the USA, makes me think he is an Israeli citizen...oh..he IS a dual Israeli / US citizen and he is an Ashkanazi jew as well.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that standard protocols that are outlined in CDC, NIH, and other Gov't agencies regarding such deadly diseases are
NOT being followed, that at least makes these officials guilty of gross negligence, dereliction of duty, and treason. They NEED to be arrested and tried ASAP.

At least state officials are admitting the insanity of this current policy..

Bobby Jindal: Ban travel from Ebola nations
Politco ^ | Oct 3, 2014 | Jonathan Topaz

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Friday called on the Obama administration to impose a travel ban on flights coming to the U.S. from countries with Ebola outbreaks.

“We should stop accepting flights from countries that are Ebola stricken,” the Republican governor said in a statement.

“President Obama said it was ‘unlikely’ that Ebola would reach the U.S. Well, it has, and we need to protect our people,” he added. “But the Obama administration keeps saying they won’t shut down flights. They instead say we should listen to ‘the experts.’ In fact, they said it would be counterproductive to stop these flights. That statement defies logic. How exactly would stopping the entry of people potentially carrying the Ebola virus be counterproductive? This seems to be an obvious step to protect public health in the United States.”

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Attention geniuses....

If they would have been banning flights to the US far before this time from hot spots and quarantining passengers arriving into the US, protecting our borders we likely wouldn't have this problem.

Unless you are a US citizen already within our borders it doesn't matter. The actual job of OUR government (if we had a legit one) is to defend and protect the borders, and that includes infected alien travelers with deadly viruses. As long as our country is protected from this plague, I'm not concerned about other countries they have to take care of themselves, sure we can offer help, but those that want to risk their lives must suffer the consequences.

The Constitutional Rights we as US citizens are guaranteed begin and end at our borders, or in the case of planes at immigration checks at airports. So yes, if you are arriving from outside the USA you have NO Constitutional Rights until you are granted premission to enter the country, that even applies to US citizens arriving from outside the country.

Oh, and who said that the "window dressing" are running the show anyhow? LOL

Listening to that weasel at the CDC Tom Freiden talk about "right of return" for potentially infected Africans to the USA, makes me think he is an Israeli citizen...oh..he IS a dual Israeli / US citizen and he is an Ashkanazi jew as well.

Who died and made you King? Sorry the policy of the United States does not cater to you. To clarify because this concept is really difficult for a man of your convictions to understand. antiqueshell does not make and enforce the policy for the protection and rights of United States citizens. Does Pootin miss you yet?

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Who died and made you King? Sorry the policy of the United States does not cater to you. To clarify because this concept is really difficult for a man of your convictions to understand. antiqueshell does not make and enforce the policy for the protection and rights of United States citizens. Does Pootin miss you yet?

Before you enter the USA legally you have NO
Constitutional Rights. That is a fact.

Before you get past immigration officials and have your entry credentials in order you are in limbo. That includes at an airport, or at the physical border.

Dave would you prefer to keep letting hordes of aliens into the country with a deadly virus? That defies logic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Before you enter the USA legally you have NO
Constitutional Rights. That is a fact.

Before you get past immigration officials and have your entry credentials in order you are in limbo. That includes at an airport, or at the physical border.

Dave would you prefer to keep letting hordes of aliens into the country with a deadly virus? That defies logic.

antiqueshell you have no authority to set and enforce policy regarding the rights of Americans it is that simple and requires no further explanation.
One foreign national has the virus not a hoard and the whole irresponsible "reporting" hysteria of a pandemic is irresponsible at the least. The fact is this.
The U.S. can not close it's airports, harbors, and entry points in a paranoid effort to minimize the chance of citizens of becoming infected with a virus that is fairly hard to contract because it requires physical contact.

I am sorry but the concern of me or my immediate family of contracting Ebola is rather slim thus Ebola is not on my whoa dung list.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
I don't feel that the argument that the common is more deadly holds a lot of water here...

True, the common flu kills way more people than ebola has so far- but as I have said before, the flu itself doesn't typically kill anyone (provided they don't already have a compromised immune system)- it's the secondary infections. Also, the common flu, being common, is world wide. Ebola isn't yet, so of course the mortality numbers don't compare.

Quote:
Influenza's effects are much more severe and last longer than those of the common cold. Most people will recover completely in about one to two weeks, but others will develop life-threatening complications (such as pneumonia). Thus, influenza can be deadly, especially for the weak, young and old, or chronically ill.[56] People with a weak immune system, such as people with advanced HIV infection or transplant patients (whose immune systems are medically suppressed to prevent transplant organ rejection), suffer from particularly severe disease.[134] Pregnant women and young children are also at a high risk for complications.[135]

The flu can worsen chronic health problems. People with emphysema, chronic bronchitis or asthma may experience shortness of breath while they have the flu, and influenza may cause worsening of coronary heart disease or congestive heart failure.[136] Smoking is another risk factor associated with more serious disease and increased mortality from influenza.

Seeing a trend here?

Now from what I can tell, ebola isn't as picky about who lives and who dies. Of course the weak are less likely to survive, but with a mortality rate of 50% to 90%- (and yes healthy people from first world nations have died from it) I'd prefer to take my chances with the flu.

OK, substitute heart disease which kills twice the number of people as the flu. heart disease isn't picky, just on people who eat junk food and don't exercise...

My point is, why all the freaking out about Ebola??? It's the same mass hysteria like what happened with bird flu. Heck, half the conspiracy nuts are making that very point! Ebola is a mass media distraction to take your eyes off something more important. Like the ISIS drone chemtrails over the USA.
grin.gif

Ebola will most likely be contained, it won't spread much in the west, and in a few months, the ADHD media will be trying to scare us with something else.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
My point is, why all the freaking out about Ebola???

Because it's an extremely deadly disease and when you combine that with a lot of powerful people who want to cut the world population down to 1/3 of what it is now, it gets worrisome real quick.

Hmmm, restrictions on travel, arrest and detention without charge, restricting constitutional rights based upon geography rather than citizenship - these aren't things you'd raise a stink over at all....
whistle.gif

If that had happened, I suspect we'd have been inundated with Youtube links about the Rockefellers, Reptilians, the New World Order, and fitting guides to tinfoil hats.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Because it's an extremely deadly disease and when you combine that with a lot of powerful people who want to cut the world population down to 1/3 of what it is now, it gets worrisome real quick.

I asked you why some time ago, and never got a response.
wink.gif
Getting rid of serfs, slaves, or customers (depending upon one's perspective) isn't exactly wise.

If Ebola strikes a few hundred small towns all across South and Central America plus Mexico, there will not be enough medical teams to handle it---- and then the you know what hits the fan...mass hysteria will prevail. Prayer might be a good place to start.

Quote:

Seeing a trend here?

OK, substitute heart disease which kills twice the number of people as the flu. heart disease isn't picky, just on people who eat junk food and don't exercise...

My point is, why all the freaking out about Ebola??? It's the same mass hysteria like what happened with bird flu. Heck, half the conspiracy nuts are making that very point! Ebola is a mass media distraction to take your eyes off something more important. Like the ISIS drone chemtrails over the USA.
grin.gif

Ebola will most likely be contained, it won't spread much in the west, and in a few months, the ADHD media will be trying to scare us with something else.

Heart disease is not communicable and does not affect those who live a healthy lifestyle (excepting those oddball red herring examples). People don't "catch" heart disease from having the bad luck of sitting next to someone on a bus, plane, or subway, or by touching something that had been contaminated up to several hours earlier.

I'm not an alarmist and I do agree that it will most likely be contained, but I don't think that people are giving it the respect it deserves. This is some nasty stuff. The common flu doesn't cause decreased kidney and liver function and doesn't make people bleed internally and externally (it IS a hemorrhagic fever)...

Quote:

Seeing a trend here?

grin.gif

Heart disease is not communicable and does not affect those who live a healthy lifestyle (excepting those oddball red herring examples). People don't "catch" heart disease from having the bad luck of sitting next to someone on a bus, plane, or subway, or by touching something that had been contaminated up to several hours earlier.

I'm not an alarmist and I do agree that it will most likely be contained, but I don't think that people are giving it the respect it deserves. This is some nasty stuff. The common flu doesn't cause decreased kidney and liver function and doesn't make people bleed internally and externally (it IS a hemorrhagic fever)...

I agree heart disease has nothing in common with Ebola or the Flu for that matter. We'll know soon enough just how serious, or not Ebola in the USA is going to be.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I agree heart disease has nothing in common with Ebola or the Flu for that matter. We'll know soon enough just how serious, or not Ebola in the USA is going to be.

Agreed, though to be honest, I wish we would have taken a more proactive approach in keeping it out of our country.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Agreed, though to be honest, I wish we would have taken a more proactive approach in keeping it out of our country.

I agree no argument here. Now we wait and see, hopefully it blows over quickly....

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They finally gave the guy a new drug to try called Brincidofovir.

I can't pronounce that word; can you guys pronounce it?

LINK

Brin-SID-Oh-FO-Veer?

Sounds like a name from "Game of Thrones." "Brincidofovir's army is at the gates!"

Quote:

Still missing the point; you guys are speculating and worrying about something that 1) you have no control over (Ebola); 2) has killed infinitely less people than other things that you do have control over, and 3) you likely will not be affected by.

The USA still has the best medical system in the world and an educated populace (arguably...). If cases do start spreading, the response will be drastically different than in Liberia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back