EBC Green vs HAWK HPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always washed my cars once a week, occasionally less. I clean my wheels every time. I am just sharing two real experiences I had with metallic compound pads. I do not understand how that is foolish. But if you do not regularly push your brakes to the point of fading like I do, I would not expect you to understand the limitations or dust corrosion problems with metallic pads.

Waxing rims definitely makes it much easier to get the dust off. Wash the vehicle occasionally, and wax the rims periodically, and then dust can simply be wiped off between washes. Plus, the wax protects against corrosion.

Ceramic pads dust the same amount but the dust is lighter colored and harder to see. I'll put up with dirty wheels if it means I avoid an accident.

Don't buy the HPS if you plan to track the car. The others are more pricey but can take track abuse.

Don't get HP+ on a DD...cold performance is very bad.

I'm planning on running EBC yellows all around when I do the brakes on the Jeep, as the stock brakes are a bit weak. I agree that I'll trade a little noise and dust for stopping power.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Don't buy the HPS if you plan to track the car. The others are more pricey but can take track abuse.

Don't get HP+ on a DD...cold performance is very bad.

Even the HP+es are barely 'trackable', depending on the weight and power of the intended vehicle.
wink.gif

So amazon has both Hawk and EBC for around 20 less than i can find at the shops i frequent

Though the part number for the EBCs bring up this picture on amazon.com/

41fHS9LAAJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its even sold by amazon and not one of their 'partners'.

I hope its an old picture or something. No ones EBCs ive ever seen have looked like that.

I used to work at amazon. They had a whole team of people that took pictures of the products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back