EBC Yellowstuff, Hawk HB388F756, etc

I'm trying to find better front pads for my 1999 Saab 9-3. I have experimented with several. The best stopping so far has been with GF rated ATE pads, but since they are semi-metalic and make a lot of dust, I swapped them out.

I tried some FF rated Akebonos, but they didn't stop as well as I would have liked.

I am now looking at EBC pads, also Hawk. I can't tell what the friction rating is of any of them.

The Yellow stuff pads look good, but I don't know if they will be very dusty.

I think I would prefer GG rated pads, but getting these specs appears difficult. Any opinions?

what is your driving style? when I was shopping for replacements on the Rogue I was giving myself a headache bouncing back and forth between rotors and pads. I came to my senses and realized, I didn't need anything special just oe replacement. semi metallic will definitely generate more noise and dust and what I found generally are better suited for heavier vehicles, example my F150 was better with semi metallic over ceramic. everyone has different driving styles and commutes to their destinations I find ceramic on my vehicles work great they have good initial bite, quiet and low dust and don't tear up rotors. check out from NAPA Auto...

AKEBONO EURO ULTRA
or
Brembo front pads

these are oe, low metallic.. probably fancy for semi.:rolleyes:

I am running the power stop Auto specialty OE replacement with ceramics and have been satisfied

Stop Tec makes good pads. I prefer them over Hawk. But the Yellow stuffs were the best for stopping.

Back