drained Castrol Syntec and returned it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refund is never mentioned in the story. He brought used oil, which they took, and then he bought more oil.
I hope you never sit on a jury.

Quote:

LOL!
laugh.gif
He poured it back into the bottle! Who does that?

This is one of those quicksand threads that I try to avoid, but now it's too late.
grin.gif

Quote:

Wal Mart would take it back, and put it back on the shelf.

Man thank goodness M1 has the foil wrap seal you have to break in order to open and pour the oil (at least in the 5 quart jugs). RP 4 quart jugs have it too.
cheers.gif
That`s the first thing I check before I even think about pouring it into my engine.

Quote:

Refund is never mentioned in the story. He brought used oil, which they took, and then he bought more oil.

LOL!!!!! LMAO..... I'd like to continue upholding my 5th amendment right
smile.gif

imo, that's just idiotic. Once you open it and pour it into the engine, it's yours. Did the oil somehow not function and keep the engine running? If you did not "like" it, too bad...suck it up and be a man. If it was drained after a few miles, that would be YOUR loss.

Quote:

Why should the store not take it back?
They can afford the loss, if any.
They can send it back to Castrol, can't they?
Or write it off as the cost of doing business.

The store shouldn't take it back because:

It's USED motor oil.

The ****** who returned it did not have a real reason to do so, unless you count buyer's remorse.

Castrol will not "take it back".

They can afford the loss, if any? Sounds like you're a liberal who has never owned a business.

Writing off the loss is still a loss. (See above. You've never owned a business.)

I'm more amazed he kept an empty jug around for almost a month versus throwing it away. Did he anticipate this "adventure"? I flat out do not believe any of this.

Quote:

Check for that little seal before buying!
shocked.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

So, I wanted a snack, and I bought a box of those animal crackers, like I used to have when I was a kid.

It read right on the box, "Do NOT eat if seal is broken."

I open up the box... and SURE ENOUGH....
wink.gif

If he returned it as advertised, the counter-clerk did not inspect for a foil seal break or a break in the cap plastic seal. He must have cleaned the outer plastic jug reall spiffy-clean and told the clerk he wanted an exchange on new oil.

Most of us use the empty jug for filling our old drained oil - then sending it to a recycle center. Seems odd he would save the new plastic jug and use a 2nd party jug for the previously drained oil.

I gotta' believe he either lied to the counter-clerk about the oil being new -- or he told the clerk the oil was faulty & the engine was experiencing ticks and clatter. XOM will give stores credit for rare instances of customer complaints.

I would sure like to know EXACTLY what this person did from the time he put the old oil back in the new jug... was his intention to pass this off as new oil?? -- then WHAT EXACTLY did he say to the counter-clerk upon arrival to the store???

Can you please ask your friend this???... then come back in here in a few days with the real COMPLETE story.

I just finished reading a magazine I bought yesterday at the newsstand; I really didn't enjoy it. Can I return it?

Its marketing. They give a full guaranty knowing there will be a very few who will use it. Overall, they impress the customers with how friendly they are and its worth the small cost for the occasional return of perfectly good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back