Do I want to go to an Iron Maiden concert?

Iron Maiden 🤔, nah- you can just worship the devil at home, save some money.
They are a soft pop group, what devil?

The only song I like is The Prisoner, maybe only because it sounds a little bit like Deep Purple.

Last edited:
Only you can answer that question. Me, nope. No desire to be in a huge crowd of people in this day and age.

Seen Maiden over a dozen times. Absolutely brilliant live band. You won't see anything like it.

Go! Trust me! Love them.

Want to add, yes, bring ear plugs. But, I will tell you, current Metal Core music that my sons listen to at live shows, makes an Iron Maiden concert seem like story time in the library. Not even close.

I was sitting in a 767 departing Santiago, Chile and looking out the window at Ed Force One. Thats when the two engines were damaged with ground equipment. Cool plane. I have a picture, somewhere.

Didnt get to go to the concert, it was the same night we were leaving, and there was no way I wasnt leaving....

As far as Iron Maiden, meh.... not a fan, but I dont dislike them. I'd go if the tickets were cheap and someone wanted me to go. Earplugs are a must.
  • Deleted

Last edited:
I vote go. Depending on your situation if it's a good or bad thing, you could openly smoke marijuana at concerts years ago when they allowed smoking indoors. Fun times. I've been to my share of concerts and still go to see some older acts. It's very interesting to see a lot of young folks there.
Didn't Jim Bruer do a stand up about taking his wife to an iron maiden concert?

Yes, yes you do. Always wanted to seem them.

20231025_131458.jpg

I had a shot at seeing them in high school, my parents said 'ah....no'.
They're going to be in Minneapolis in October of 2024, and I'm trying to score tickets.
I'll be 56, so I'll take my walker with me.....

I am not a number.... I am a free man.

I had a shot at seeing them in high school, my parents said 'ah....no'.
They're going to be in Minneapolis in October of 2024, and I'm trying to score tickets.
I'll be 56, so I'll take my walker with me.....

I am not a number.... I am a free man.
You're #2 dude.. sorry

I’m definitely seeing them when they come around, it’s a bucket list type thing. I saw AC/DC maybe 8 years ago...was a bit let down, but I bet Maiden will be much better. Saw Tool two weeks ago, pretty amazing show (very different). Went to see Stephen Percy from Ratt this summer, that guy does a very good job considering how old he is. And I’ve seen just about every band from the 80’s recently (past 15 years)...Motley Crue, Poison, Tesla, Def Leppard, Winger, Journey, Pat Benatar, Loverboy, The Fixx, The Pretenders, Stevie Nicks.

It’s weird seeing all these guys^^ grow old.

Realize this is a bit weird to ask, but I've never been to a rock concert, and my first gut reaction is "nope". I can barely make it through sitting a movie theater. My only knowledge of rock concerts comes from music videos, where it looks like people are standing around for the whole time, lots of moving around, shouting, and being very, very loud.

But... opportunity arises to go. Should I? I don't listen to Maiden often, but do like their music. So it could be an interesting experience.
If tickets to rock concerts cost what they did in the 90s when I was a young man, I'd probably go all the time. I recommend going if you can stomach the cost.

If tickets to rock concerts cost what they did in the 90s when I was a young man, I'd probably go all the time. I recommend going if you can stomach the cost.
Adjusted for inflation? or same number? ;)

I haven't heard anything recently about it, so I think the idea got nixed.

Back