Do I want to go to an Iron Maiden concert?

Realize this is a bit weird to ask, but I've never been to a rock concert, and my first gut reaction is "nope". I can barely make it through sitting a movie theater. My only knowledge of rock concerts comes from music videos, where it looks like people are standing around for the whole time, lots of moving around, shouting, and being very, very loud.

But... opportunity arises to go. Should I? I don't listen to Maiden often, but do like their music. So it could be an interesting experience.

I would have to say yes.

Well, as someone who has seen the same band over 100 times, and maybe their offshoot as late as last year spanning 36 years, I do realize the motivation is quite different. For example, in 2023, to hear that the drummer has parted ways year 58, was the final straw where I had no interest in 2023. 36 years ago I was into the scene and meeting people, hanging out. By 2022 I brought my family, completely different motive. But as it's been pointed out, it's an experience. I went to U2 because someone said I should. I didn't like it and wished I hadn't. But there are tons of people spanning many years of age who want to be there. I'm just saying if you're on the fence, give it a try.

If you have time and money for it, do it. If it will take away from something else you want to budget for, maybe not. Bring some foam earplugs in case it's too loud for you. Go for the experience. Worst case you say, nope won't do that again, at least for them. Maybe you'll do the same with another band.

Since you say you listen to the music of Iron Maiden, by all means...GO! But if you value your hearing like I do, bring some ear plugs.
My daughter bought me some front row tickets to ZZ Top before Dusty Hill died. It was an outdoor concert and very enjoyable.

Iron Maiden concerts are quite experience, just like a nation under God, it a type religion to the many

should the occasion arise, you go for it and enjoy!

Since you say you listen to the music of Iron Maiden, by all means...GO! But if you value your hearing like I do, bring some ear plugs.
My daughter bought me some front row tickets to ZZ Top before Dusty Hill died. It was an outdoor concert and very enjoyable.
Indeed …
Bring a couple styles of ear plugs …

Thought of an example from 2022....I was at Dead and Co. with my family. My son who was 8 was tired so my wife said can we please go early (blashphemy!)....I said ok well can I meet you at the car, she said OK.

I snuck down to the pit like I always did in the 80's. Was about 12 rows from the stage and got it on video. That made my summer worthwhile as a middle aged person. In 2022 it's pretty bad someone can "sneak in," but it is what it is. Those tix were easily $450+ so although I would never spend anything near that again I'm glad I did it...

I say go for the experience. If you're worried about the noise and your hearing, don't go. I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top at the PNC Art Center in NJ this summer. It took four days to get my hearing back but what a show.

I say go for the experience. If you're worried about the noise and your hearing, don't go. I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top at the PNC Art Center in NJ this summer. It took four days to get my hearing back but what a show.
That venue was once the Garden State Arts Center. Here's another regret. I only saw the JGB 2X in my life. That venue was one, Bushnell in Hartford CT was the other. Too bad for me. I do know why. It was always a lot harder to get people to go to The JGB. Thank goodness for Youtube.

A third vote from me to just do it....we can't regret to not do things. Eardrums are overrated, there are iPads and such that can be used when one loses their hearing

Still hoping Steven Tyler recovers from his fractured larynx so he can finish his final tour. Saw him back in '94.

Some concerts I have gone to were worth twice what I paid for the tickets and some concerts I have been to they should have paid me to go. Take the risk go.

Just go! I’m 71 and have seen Brit Floyd twice in the last year and saw Nickelback 6 weeks ago. Saw the Eagles a year before Glenn Frey passed away and I’m glad I did! If IM were playing near me I’d go see them too. My wife and I consistently check nearby venues to see who might be performing near us. Surprising to see how many young people attend concerts of bands that I grew up with. My son saw The Deads 3day farewell concert in San Francisco a couple of months ago, and he probably saw them 10 times total in his 51 years. I regret not attending at least one of their concerts with him, especially one while Jerry Garcia was alive!

Sounds like a strong vote to go. We'll see how it unfolds--there's a bit of a backstory to it, not sure worth explaining.

Definitely bringing earplugs. These days, if I'm not in work clothes, I usually have 'em in a pocket already. My hearing is already wonky enough, I won't be damaging them "for fun" as painfully loud is just painful--and that's not fun. I cringe watching SMA vids and other guys running air tools without earplugs--I can't use my electric impact without plugs.

Back