Disapointed with Wal-Mart TCW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the smell but the stickiness which caused me to give up on it. It just became too much pain to add it after every fill up.

- Vikas

Just put it in today... and I know I over did it
grin2.gif

I followed Audijunkie's advice from another thread and put it in at 300:1 for the first dose. I've driven a few miles and didn't notice a down side... yet. I do expect it to be a little sluggish and will probably top up the gas when it needs about 20L to dilute it a little.

After this fill I'll be going to 500:1 = 80ml on a 40L fill up.

To avoid the mess buy one of these:

2010_11_18%20004%20%28Small%29.jpg

2010_11_18%20005%20%28Small%29.jpg

It holds 2 ounces ~ 60ML at a time, measures easily, and super easy to inject into the gas filler hole. Then when you're done, just put everything in the back of the car like this for the next fill up:

2010_11_18%20006%20%28Small%29.jpg

In reality I stick the syringe behind the bottle so it's secured for driving. No mess, no fuss, happy driving!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
It is not the smell but the stickiness which caused me to give up on it. It just became too much pain to add it after every fill up.

- Vikas

It must be a different brand/supplier in canada. I got some on my hands playing with it and it wiped off very easily.. not sticky at all. And it has a non-offensive smell. And it's made in Canada here.. so different supplier I'm sure:

2010_11_18%20008%20%28Small%29.jpg

SuperTech TC-W3 mixed 650 : 1 with each fill up . Easy way to measure is per the following example : number of gallons of gas at fill up divided by 650 (i.e. 14.00 gallons of gas divided by 650 = 0.021 or round off to 2 oz. I re-use a Lucas 5 oz. UCL bottle and just measure what I need to use from the 1 gal. jug of TC-W3 and add to gas tank after I get home from filling up . It mixes very easy ...Lastly , most folks get best results from 500 : 1 to 700 : 1 . The key is to watch your MPG's - when your MPG's are maximized for your type of driving , that is the right ratio to use for that particular engine . Good fuel lubricant and cleaner for upper cylinders...what's not to like ?

Your Canadian stuff is definitely different. I will find my bottle and post the picture when I get a chance.

- Vikas

Went to Walmart at lunch time and picked up the small Supertech tc-w3 outboard bottle, maybe 20 oz or so, didn't look. They also have the gallon size. $2.06 for the oil. Didn't see any measuring things that looked easy but I walked by the travel section near the deodorant/ toothpaste aisle and there was a travel size Listerine 3.2 oz plastic bottle (with a tight fitting cap) for $.97. Dumped the mouthwash (maybe I should have rinsed) wiped the inside best I could and filled with the oil for a perfect 1 oz to 5 gal. mix. The bottle is a nice fit for the filler tube and the cap keeps the car from smelling like a refinery. Filled the tank and I'll see if I notice anything. Worse case, I have some really good oil for the trimmer and snowblower.

At 300:1 the idle is a little rougher than normal. But it drives just fine. I'm sure when I pull it back to a higher ratio it'll smooth out.

Are you telling us that adding TC-W3 made it worse than before? If that is the case, why do you want to use it again?

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are you telling us that adding TC-W3 made it worse than before? If that is the case, why do you want to use it again?

- Vikas

The dose was almost double what it should be at 300:1. It should be between 500:1 and 600:1. I drove the car today and noticed no such rough idle, so it's probably just one of those things where your senses are in 'overdrive' trying to find anything different.

To be safe I did add 3 gallons of gas today.

So far there are no side effects that would warrant stopping to use it.

Oh, I did not realize that you had doubled the dosage. It is not a good idea to double the dosage on any UCL type of product. I have no qualms about doubling the cleaner type of products and routinely use double the recommended dosage.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
SuperTech TC-W3 mixed 650 : 1 with each fill up . Easy way to measure is per the following example : number of gallons of gas at fill up divided by 650 (i.e. 14.00 gallons of gas divided by 650 = 0.021 or round off to 2 oz.

Your math is off. 2 oz per 14 gal is 896:1 . There are 128 ounces in a gallon, not 100.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
Anyone tried HP Injector Amsoil in Gas in modern engine ?

I use it is the best tcw3
wink.gif

I bought one of the new 6oz Gumout bottles from WalMart just for 2C oil. I use the PZ Marine Semi XLF. Cheap and good. Much more clear than the Supertech.

MM, just bought some this morning to put in the Merc, and also have the bottle stored inside the car..cant smell anything out of the ordinary..?
confused.gif

Flatlandtacoma : I believe I stand to be corrected - check this : 14 x 128ozs. = 1792ozs. divided by 650 = 2.75 ozs. of TC-W3 .

Chris, that's correct. For easy math I can do in my head I like a 640:1 ratio = 5 gallons : 1 oz.

So 15 gallons : 3 oz; 14 gallons : a little less
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back