Diesel Turbo Cleaner.

It doesn't say if you need to put it into the tank, or pour it into one of those sprayers that spray into the intake

The best thing to keep the VNT's moving is Italian tuneup

Hi.
Came across a product that professes to clean the variable vanes in a diesel turbo. https://www.forteuk.co.uk/product/diesel-turbo-cleaner/

How on earth can a product that is burned in the combustion process possibly clean turbo vanes?

Is this just another product that takes money from the naive or is it chemically feasible?

Thank you.

the same way 2-stroke oil can either soot up or burn soot off a spark arrestor.

I would say, polybutene.

It doesn't say if you need to put it into the tank, or pour it into one of those sprayers that spray into the intake

The best thing to keep the VNT's moving is Italian tuneup
Hi.
It is added to the diesel.

I do get a puff of black out of the exhaust on full throttle acceleration. I figured it was blowing some of the crap out.

just had a look, it's 1 part of a 2 part system, this contains high octane fuels (methanol, toluene, lpg), designed to increase the egt and burn off soot
Hi.
Ok, so it is chemically feasible. Would the chemicals you list be ok in Diesel engine?

the one I found online has a 2 parts system.

An injector cleaner which is kerosine and 2EHN and goes in the tank, and a spray which goes in the intake, LPG (propane) is the propellant.

Yes it would be ok, you can even run a diesel engine on propane, it'll be hard to get it started on it though. What it does is add extra fuel which burns very late in the cycle so the exhaust gas temp goes up and likely the mixture is still burning as it goes out the exhaust valve. This will ignite any soot, similar to burning out a 2-stroke exhaust.

Back