Diesel as a UCL in petrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive vaguely heard (and thought) of adding small amounts of diesel (or biodiesel) into gasoline for its extra lubricity properties as a cheap UCL.

Has anyone else heard of this or tried it or any comments on this as a worthy idea or not?

Thanks for the replies, yeah ive heard of adding 2 stroke, does it have to be the TCW3 variety?

But wouldnt a bit of diesel/biodiesel have any benefits?

(The reason i ask is i run lpg most of the time and im looking for something readily available i can add to my gasoline to help with the valve/seat wear that can occur)

An upper cylinder lube can’t reverse wear so if you are worried about it when running propane adding something to gasoline isn’t going to do anything.

Unless your LPG system burns a tiny bit of gas all the time, you're not going to accomplish anything. Not going to help to only have it going in there on startup. If it is injecting gas all the time in addition to the LPG, then you'll want more than a 640:1 ratio since your % of fuel used is only a smidgen of the total.

Thanks for the good replies, its a bit of a compromise im not convinced about having a flashlube infuser fitted and its a bit of a pain on my intake manifold, i was looking for something i could add to my petrol thatd protect/cushion the valves a bit (like lead used to) whilst also when running on lpg!!
And then have it readily available!! Bit of a big ask really!!

Anyone think of what 'mite' help as well as 2 stroke and the TCW3 is that just the everyday 2 stroke or something a bit more specific?

Cheers

I’m always a bit confused as to what it is in the UC that isn’t getting L and needs the additive. How did I ever make it to all the miles in my vehicles without it?

Im operating lpg on my vehicle and my engine can reputedly suffer from advanced valve and valve seat wear quicker using this fuel, so im trying to get different ideas on how potentially to combat this thats all

Last edited:
Yeah good answer, from what I've been advised I think they're are levels of hardness tho I believe even later jap engines are more prone on propane, am just looking for any easy ideas that may protect my valves/seats that's all (maybe make eh last a bit longer if from what I've told s right)

Yea good answer ive had a look at my pcv hose theres a bit of blowby not loads, engines done 150k+, jus want it to last a bit longer i only do about 7k p.a., engine has shims for valve adjustment so quite involved trying to change the gap, looking at possible alternatives to the flashlube oiler to enhance valve /seat life

Use a major branded gasoline, I burn Chevron, no other additives are needed or recommended.

Yea good answer ive had a look at my pcv hose theres a bit of blowby not loads, engines done 150k+, jus want it to last a bit longer i only do about 7k p.a., engine has shims for valve adjustment so quite involved trying to change the gap, looking at possible alternatives to the flashlube oiler to enhance valve /seat life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back