Denso 105-1009 cut open 5,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree they look fantastic but clearly efficiency is not their strongest point. I run Baldwin B2's sometimes, much the same deal, very well made but not all that high in efficiency.

This is one clean cut filter!I wanna spank it.
20.gif

Denso makes a nice filter but they do favor flow over filtration (as do the OE filters)...

Looks good.. Looks similar to the Good A/C delcos but with Silicone ADBV.

looks solid to me.

Im might use one on my Honda one day..... but I have some A01s around so might be awhile.

This is an old post, but I thought I might add to it anyway. I think these are the best, most precise filters on the market. Not great for fine filtration but who care with twice a year oil changes? That metal ring just outboard of the oil inlet holes is the stop ring to prevent overtightening. You turn it on until you can't turn it anymore and it has the seal deformed correctly. Never had one leak. Great oil filter.

The Denso "First Time Fit" line is extensive and covers OEM replacement parts from radiators, to oil filters and everything in between. I'm impressed, and the reason that filter favors flow over high filtering is because a lot of the Japanese auto manufacturers adhere to this spec as well, Honda is one of them with their own OEM filters.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
THAT is the most perfect looking filter I've ever seen.
shocked2.gif

I take the filtering spec with a grain of salt. With my recent first run of synthetic, my 150-1003 looked to be full of syrup it had filtered so well, while the oil was still 0w thin.

Theya re 3$ on rock auto, and are perfect in their construction. Denso has become my GO TO aftermarket parts manufacturer. Just replaced my entire AC system with Denso parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back