Daylight Savings Time is over.

I have four "atomic" clocks and one "atomic" watch - none of them adjusted overnight. Skies are clear here but there was some fog. This never happened before.
I also have the exact same problem!
My atomic clock didn't drop back an hour last night.
I thought perhaps it was just an issue with my new clock. The old one I had for 15 years finally died, and I got a new one this summer.
Now I'm wondering if the signal didn't get sent via the atomic signal?

I was originally for year round Standard time because it keeps the kids from having to walk to school in the dark and also saves electricity in the summer. But I now have a better idea. How about a compromise? Split the difference between DST and Std time. When we set the clocks forward in March '24, we only go forward 1/2 hour and then we leave it forever. How's that idea?

I drove a school bus for a couple years. even being in South Floriduh where the winter to summer time difference isn't so extreme, if it wasn't for the time change this time of year I had to have the elementary school kids to school at 8 am and it would have been in the dark if they didn't change the clocks. the hi schoolers go first, at the time of the solstice the whole pickup in the morning routine is done in the dark. Its worse up north.

I’m in the do something or shut up campaign. It’s just lazy press people writing easy articles. I bet they’ll write about how cold it is in January too.

We adopted three young kids. That’s the only thing that makes me care about DST. Bed time and wake time are all messed up for them, making our lives a touch more difficult for a week or so.

I thought "nah" until seeing that you're in Alaska. Legitimate point!

When is your earliest sunset?
We have about 2 months without a sunrise in winter. And same in summer, just with sunset.

Right now sun rise is about 0945 and sun set is 1530, but losing 10+ mins a day.

We have about 2 months without a sunrise in winter. And same in summer, just with sunset.

Right now sun rise is about 0945 and sun set is 1530, but losing 10+ mins a day.
I would love your summers, but will quit complaining about our short winter days here - eight hours of daylight is better than none.

We're at almost 50° N - sounds like you might be N of 60?

I would love your summers, but will quit complaining about our short winter days here - eight hours of daylight is better than none.

We're at almost 50° N - sounds like you might be N of 60?
70.22N, 148.4 W

Home is south though. About 62 N

Well, I say home, I live here 1/2 the time and home the other half, 3-4 weeks at a go.

Glad to see it go....

Obviously to each their own, but I don't understand why people want it to go away. It's when we come off from DST is the real pain....IMO we should stay on DST.

When it gets dark before 5PM is ridiculous.

I have four "atomic" clocks and one "atomic" watch - none of them adjusted overnight. Skies are clear here but there was some fog. This never happened before
I also have the exact same problem!
My atomic clock didn't drop back an hour last night.
I thought perhaps it was just an issue with my new clock. The old one I had for 15 years finally died, and I got a new one this summer.
Now I'm wondering if the signal didn't get sent via the atomic signal?
Interesting. Looks like we're also very close geographically.

I set the clocks manually yesterday, so I don't know if they've recieved the signal since. One (a digital weather station) isn't showing the 'tower' icon, so it doesn't appear to have connected overnight. I'll try fresh batteries.

One has problems connecting because it's right next to a TV. Another has always worked, but is goofy for the first couple of days after the change (started when they changed the changeover date and the manufacturer acknowledges it but says it can't be fixed).

Two weeks ago I switched to two meals a day. Lemme tell you, 11AM my body says 12NOON!!

The cats have been moved 45 minutes so far, not bad really at 15 minutes a day.

Are cats smarter than I?

I would prefer we go back to the way it was when I was a kid. Daylight Savings was about 2 months or so shorter, early April through early October. That would fix a lot of the issues with elementary kids walking to school in the dark.

Back