End of Daylight Savings Time.

The sun does not shift in the sky twice a year.
I do not like DST at all; not one bit.
Pick a time and leave it there.
Ditto.
Keep STANDARD TIME year round.
I live in the Eastern Time Zone. EST. Also known as -5 (minus 5) zone or “Romeo”!time. When we go to (artificial) EDT,, we are using the time from the time zone East of us.
EDT is the same as Atlantic Standard Time. AST.
Minus 4 zone. Quebec zone.
Every area in the USA and Canada that uses DST is using the time of the zone east of it. Arizona stays with standard time year round. They have no problems with that.

It helps if more people understood Time Zones. (I understand it because I worked with it). Unfortunately, most politicians do not understand it.

For those that want DST year round, the government tried that 50! Years ago. 1972 or 1973. Mother’s HATED it because their children had to leave for schools in the dark. Look it up.
KEEP STANDARD TIME YEAR RIUND.

I have a feeling once we switch back to DST in March, that will be the end of EST.

My favorite ACE is changing their closing time from 19:00 to 18:00 in a reactionary response to the axial tilt of our planet.

The current Stardate is 101440.45.

Last edited:
I'm just tired of having to switch back and forth, and would prefer they just stick with one or the other.

And in that case, DT, since I'm not a morning person, would rather have the extra daylight at the end of the day. But it's not a big deal either way.

It's the readjustment that is said to have the most ill effects, and to routinely do that twice a year doesn't make sense.

When I was working I hated it. I figured there was a special place in Hell for whoever came up with Daylight Savings Time. Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao and (now I know from the video) Kaiser Wilhelm all in the same place.

Now I'm retired it doesn't matter. Those still working have my sympathy.

I think it's just great the way to we do it now with the change. Extra sunlight in the spring/summer/early fall and earlier sunlight in the winter.

I think it's just great the way to we do it now with the change. Extra sunlight in the spring/summer/early fall and earlier sunlight in the winter.
DST or not does not matter to me because I get up when it's still dark and I go to bed long after it's gotten dark no matter what time of the year it is.

Makes no difference to me. I'm retired and set no alarm clocks. (unless DR appt or nurses coming)

Go to bed when tired, get up when awake and feel like it.
Same for me...but I would rather stay standard time year round....

Life is tough when you live in a country where you have to debate on altering the time ;)
Im glad we pay Congress 30,000,000 per day to figure it out. (30 million per day is the cost of Congress)

Back