Darwin Award winners? Or Duralast Fanboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idiots...plain and simple. Do that enough times and there will be a different type of film...of the procession headed to the cemetery. YouTube should pull that one down before some uneducated person sees that and there is a dreadful accident.

Ouch! That rotor hurts when it penetrates your skull. Dumb dumb dumb.
33.gif

John

I saw something like this outside a shop in a largely hispanic area of Ft Worth a few years back. there was a GM Fullsize SUV(Suburban/Yukon)without wheels, sitting out by the road resting only on 3 trolley jacks. 2 in the front jack points, 3rd was out back under the Diff.

Last edited:
Wow! I'm willing to bet that Duralast's lawyers haven't seen that video, or they would be putting pressure on YouTube to take it down before someone else does the same thing, gets killed, and sues them over it.

Sheesh! at least stuff the wheel you took off under the car.

It's not a jackstand, but at least it is something.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
I saw something like this outside a shop in a largely hispanic area of Ft Worth a few years back. there was a GM Fullsize SUV(Suburban/Yukon)without wheels, sitting out by the road resting only on 3 trolley jacks. 2 in the front jack points, 3rd was out back under the Diff.

Sounds like Indiana-based "Tire Barn" to me. That's how they changed everything at the old store... three jacks, out in the open, no garage, year round.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Idiots...plain and simple. Do that enough times and there will be a different type of film...of the procession headed to the cemetery. YouTube should pull that one down before some uneducated person sees that and there is a dreadful accident.

I just sent a warning to YT about the video asking them to pull it down. An innocent noob might see their example and attempt to use only the floor jack! Those guys are morons!

Idiots pure and simple.

A workmate had a wheel on his jack "split" in two a few weekends ago with the weight of the car on it (and fortunately only an eighth or so onto the ratchet stand that he had for back-up.

Step 1: Hide a jack stand somewhere out of camera view.
Step 2: Act stupid, trolling on youtube. Become sensation.
Step 3: Profit, via google adsense.

I have a video floating around with 40k hits that's made me substantial money with google adsense (tm). It's of me using the Horror Freight tire changer in "portable mode", ie not bolted to the floor. Know-it-alls forward the link to each other, lampooning my purported idiocy, while I sit back counting ten dollar bills.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Step 1: Hide a jack stand somewhere out of camera view.
Step 2: Act stupid, trolling on youtube. Become sensation.
Step 3: Profit, via google adsense.

I have a video floating around with 40k hits that's made me substantial money with google adsense (tm). It's of me using the Horror Freight tire changer in "portable mode", ie not bolted to the floor. Know-it-alls forward the link to each other, lampooning my purported idiocy, while I sit back counting ten dollar bills.

^^^IF this is what those in this YT vid actually did.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back