Damaged JD filter again (Champ) and another open

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my filter. Two pleats were damaged. One pleat was torn from one end of the endcap and another was slightly abraded.

No
lol.gif
He's saying that you're both (add members as needed) either seeing or not seeing what you want to see or don't want to see.

A tear on your (whomever "you" is at the moment) favorite filter isn't truly a tear, but merely an abrasion, with no real evidence to support the assertion. The tear on your unfavorable filter is obviously a tear and not just an abrasion, even if you have no evidence to support such an assertion

It's the human condition being played out over and over again.
55.gif

A tear is a tear and that was a tear in the media yes,BUT.......nothing like what you could get from a escrap!

Originally Posted By: labman
Yes, I am saying the guy that saw filter is a much better judge of its condition that those arguing over what a picture shows.

That's not what you said when I posted two P1 filter pics. You argued that the end caps came off clean and unbonded when I was the one holding the filter, then when Soobs says the media was torn then you change your tune to only the person viewing the filter can say.

Going by Soobs pics and and comparing it to what I saw in the same filter and how it is constructed and with similar abrading I concluded that it probably wasn't torn completely. And the truth is the way the P1 is constructed and the media fits in recesses in the end cap and the smallness of the area it is very hard to say for certain that it is torn and not just dislocated.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
No
lol.gif
He's saying that you're both (add members as needed) either seeing or not seeing what you want to see or don't want to see.

A tear on your (whomever "you" is at the moment) favorite filter isn't truly a tear, but merely an abrasion, with no real evidence to support the assertion. The tear on your unfavorable filter is obviously a tear and not just an abrasion, even if you have no evidence to support such an assertion

It's the human condition being played out over and over again.
55.gif

I don't believe I'm biased in favor of Purolator and I sure don't think anyone is equivalently biased as labman is against Purolator. I'm not happy about the way the 2 pleats near the seam have abrasion or tearing on the P1s. You could say the pleats appear "torn". But if you take a P1 apart and see how the pleats fit into slots and see that the abraded pleats are not easily pulled out of the end cap, to say they may not be completely torn from the end cap is perfectly reasonable. And it's not an obvious torn gap from the end cap. When I took pics of the abraded area it looked worse than in person. In person the pleats are more intact than the pic appears.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Originally Posted By: labman
Yes, I am saying the guy that saw filter is a much better judge of its condition that those arguing over what a picture shows.

That's not what you said when I posted two P1 filter pics. You argued that the end caps came off clean and unbonded when I was the one holding the filter, then when Soobs says the media was torn then you change your tune to only the person viewing the filter can say.

lol.gif
... yeah, was labman the one who actually felt how much force it took to pop off those end caps with a big honkin' screw driver, or held that filter in his hand for visual inspection? Yet he doesn't practice what he preaches sometimes.
wink.gif
Not a surprise anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back