[Cut Open] NEW NAPA Platinum 41515

Status
Not open for further replies.
With todays lightweight oils , I don't think the bypass really comes into use. If it does, its not like its open for miles on end.

NAPA Canada offers discounts to CAA members of 10%. I bought 2 of the 41515 for 28.88. The last time I bought the WIX 51515 I paid 38.00. This Platinum seems identical to the WIX XP! Using them on my 2011 Ford Ecoboost 3.5 with a remote dual filter setup. I set the oil monitor to 100%. I'm also running a RX dual vacuum catch can.

Originally Posted By: Beaker80
This Platinum seems identical to the WIX XP!

It is identical, except for the paint job and brand name on the can.

Beautiful filter. Its a bit pricey without rebates though. I wouldnt mind seeing a UOA from extended OCIs using both the XP and the Ultra.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Beaker80
This Platinum seems identical to the WIX XP!

It is identical, except for the paint job and brand name on the can.

Thanks ZeeOSix.

Also wanted to say I just started using Pennzoil Platinum Fully Synthetic oil with Pure Plus technology. Since my first oil change (at 3K Kms) I had been using Quaker State synthetic oil. I now have 84K Kms on my Ecoboost truck. I stocked up on Pennzoil when it was on sale at Canadian Tire at 30% off.

Originally Posted by electrolover
is that the same media in the amzoil and RP filters?

It sure looks EXACTLY like an Amsoil or Royal Purple cut open

What ever happened to these?!??!? Just no marketing to make them known?

Yeah. Time warp!!!
lol.gif

I've got two more K&N's to use first, even though I'm itchin' to try a NAPA Platinum on my Colorado 3.5. So when this thread become ten years old, I'll dig up this old thread again and give a report on how the NAPA Platinum is holding up.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I've got two more K&N's to use first, even though I'm itchin' to try a NAPA Platinum on my Colorado 3.5. So when this thread become ten years old, I'll dig up this old thread again and give a report on how the NAPA Platinum is holding up.
grin.gif

01.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
This thread began seven years ago. Manufacturer changes to it, do not represent what's being made today.

Yeah..............thanks for adding such a smart comment without even addressing the question.

Originally Posted by Linctex

What ever happened to NAPA Platinum? They still make them. It's the sister filter to the WIX XP.

Originally Posted by Linctex

NAPA website has not sale-advertised a NAPA oil filter in 3-4 months now. Not even on Black Friday did a NAPA filter get price-reduced. I suspect nothing for Cyber Monday also.

I am interested in the Platinum high flow rate BTW, as indicated by my last three purchases of K&Ns. My Colorado 3.5 is cold start clatter-sensitive and these K&Ns keep my cold starts quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back