NAPA #7045, 15' Transit 15 pass van, CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 15 passenger Ford Transit 3/4 ton van. I am guessing by the ADBV being silicone that it's a Napa gold? Oil was MaxLife Blend 5w30. I put in some QSED 5w30 and a FL-500S. Didn't get the date code also.

2vrztp3.jpg

9l9wd4.jpg

a4r2tg.jpg

jj4r4y.jpg

5np6jr.jpg

257gkee.jpg

While I'm less than impressed by the waviness that the filter is exhibiting in the 3rd and 6th pics, it appears to have held together overall.

My guess is the overall length of the filter, and the media, is the reason for the waviness. I'd say it would benefit from some backing.

Do you know how many miles were on the filter?

7,600 miles on the oil and filter. I am guessing a lot of short trips did the waviness on the media

I thought this was an accident where a car t-boned a transit and cut it in half.

Originally Posted By: car51
7,600 miles on the oil and filter. I am guessing a lot of short trips did the waviness on the media
I tend to think that SirTanon is on the right track--it is the length of the media that is contributing to the waviness. I saw similar on a non-wirebacked MC FL-2051s with only 4,664 miles:

m53hcM.jpg

XqR2pz.jpg

jWtgHE.jpg

When Wix was owned by the original Wix their filters were very good now that they are owned by the same company as purolater i won't use them anymore.

Yes it's a Gold the 4 digit part number confirms it. If it were a Pro Select it would be 27045 and a Silver would be 37045. I have noticed some lower volume part numbers are white cans in the Gold series for some reason.

Thanks for the cut and post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back