CS4s or RT43s for my van?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be buying new tires for the Sedona soon, and I can't decide between these two tires. I'll be getting the CS4s for the Fusion, since the RT43s don't come in the proper V speed rating for that car. Regarding the Sedona though, both tires carry the proper T speed rating, both have the same load rating, similar warranty, etc. Biggest difference is the price, as the CS4s are about $18 more per tire. Which would you go with? I have read so many good things about each!

I wouldn't buy either one!
What size are you needing?
Cooper and Generals just don't last.
Toyo makes a great product

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lubedude13

40.gif

I have both on my Saturn. On my second set of 15" CS4's. They do last and ride well.

The RT43's are my winter tires. I do not have many miles on them, but love the way they ride and handle. I have to see how they hold up in long run. For me ride is comparable to Hydroedge Michelin I had years ago. They may be riding better than the Michelin's. Definately better than my CS4's.

I bought the RT43's based on their low price. Seems they got a lot of things right in the tire.

RT43 for sure, no contest

Cooper tires aren't that great at all, and the General Altimax RT43 is a class leader.

When you need a V-rated tire, go for Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum or Dunlop SP Sport Signature, or possibly Dunlop Signature II.

I don't know what advantage stiffer sidewalls may have but RT43 sidewall is flimsy. They should be well suited to a vehicle that has a comfortable ride.

The RT43's seem to score quite well on TR but, time will tell how they hold up! Not alot of information yet on them. The CS4's have been around awhile now and are still getting good reviews.

I was comparing those two myself for my Sienna, I went with CS4's as they had an instant rebate at the time on TreadDepot. Very happy with the CS4's.

Originally Posted By: jorton
I don't know what advantage stiffer sidewalls may have but RT43 sidewall is flimsy. They should be well suited to a vehicle that has a comfortable ride.

I've heard several people say this regarding the sidewalls. But I wonder if it is anything to worry about, since they carry a 103 load rating, where a lot of other tires in my size, 225 70r16, carry a 101 or 102 load rating. So the sidewall must not be that flimsy. I carry a lot of cargo, so I need a durable tire.

"Cooper and Generals just don't last."

Weird. I just put 70,000 miles on a set of CS4s, and there might have been another 5000 on 'em. I'd have gotten another set for my T&C if I hadn't gotten such a deal on a set of Hankook Optimo H727s.

The Coopers will be a great match with your van.

I have 135000 miles on two sets of CS4 tires. They will last if kept properly inflated and rotated.

LMAO.

Originally Posted By: jorton

Technically air pressure supports the vehicle. Not sidewalls. I purchased 2 rt43 tires and at 7000 miles they each have 2 bulges in the outer sidewalls.

Trolling is not cool. Your answer is WAY off topic.

I really like the RT43 tires on my Forester. I recommend them.

Just order a set of 4 General RT43's (P215/65r15) for our 97' Previa van. The Yokohama's Avid Touring/Cooper CS4's were roughly the same price. TireRack reviews swayed me to the RT43's. We will see.....

Funny you should post to this thread as I was just looking at it yesterday. Getting ready to pull the trigger on the RT43's as well for our minivan based on reviews here, Tirerack, and a few other websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back