Costco's Kirkland Signature Oil Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's starting to be impossible to find in Costco's in Hawaii (Oahu). I used to see them all the time last year up until the fall and never saw them again. Interesting enough, last weekend was the first time I saw any oil at any Costco on this island and it was Mobil 1 5W-30. As everyone has seen, the prices have gone up for Kirkland engine oils. It's getting to the point that you might as well pay the little extra and go buy some of the other top tier/off the shelf brands.

People buy at Costco no matter what, maybe not as much but I see people buying 6 quarts for 48 dollars of m1
Obviously, Costco and or oil suppliers are having a difficult time forwarding oils to chain stores. Costco is an example of this. It's happened across the nation for them. It appears their stores only have limited selections as of the last 6 to 12 months.

Let's hope this improves over the coming Summer, with Covid ratcheting downward and that Warren Dist sale working itself out. Let's hope we don't suffer a terrible hurricane season later in the year as well.

Obviously, Costco and or oil suppliers are having a difficult time forwarding oils to chain stores. Costco is an example of this. It's happened across the nation for them. It appears their stores only have limited selections as of the last 6 to 12 months.

Let's hope this improves over the coming Summer, with Covid ratcheting downward and that Warren Dist sale working itself out. Let's hope we don't suffer a terrible hurricane season later in the year as well.

People buy stuff at Costco and blindly think its a good price because they heard Costco has low margins. One reason I will never pay for a membership there is the members subsidize the return abuse.
They've steadily been jacking the price of m1 and then putting them on sale every other month.
At 16.50 a jug of warren I don't see the savings versus something like QSUD which is often around 19 bucks. Or playing the rebates game.
At this price (May 2020) it was much more compelling. Ya, ya, everything went up.

Attachments

• 20200507_182829.jpg
    20200507_182829.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 31
My feeling they are going to use this to Jack their prices out of sight! Look for soon to come Costco higher prices to come. Not to worry I just bought QSFS for $19.65 a Jug delivered!
The three jugs got here today and once again no leakers! I'm lucky I guess never have had Walmart ship me a leaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back